Trade for a Pandora, GBAX reboot, CC units.

Yeah, I fear all those people who mocked me for parting with £££'s on a pre-order will be giving it the "I told you so". Even though for a couple years or more now I've been telling them "that one day it will arrive" and "it's all legit".
It is legit. Unless the "I told you so"s specifically predicted the problems OPT would encounter then they're completely off base. If they try to get all smug about how you were "scammed" I and 4999 other people will gladly vouch for the fact that it isn't a scam, it's just a project that got too big and out of control.
I'm going to have to go through the same as FZERO. And to my friends and especially my wife the fact that you and 4999 other people did get it doesn't really help a lot. If anything it makes me an even bigger sucker that even though 5k got the unit I managed to get robbed. I am genuinly happy for the rest of you though! No sour grapes there.

But I'm a good sport in that regard and will happily tell them it fell through after all and give them their fun. I'll even fake that it gets to me when they do it.  :p  I would be of course upset if I don't get the unit, but getting stick from my friends is fine. I can give and receive in good spirit.

I have two daughters and we have an unexpected latecomer in the oven ( :blink: ) and all my friends are already having goes at me it will be another daughter. We had to go through the extra testing due to my wife being 38 for the elevated chance of down syndrom etc and because of that I already know it's probably a boy. (85% certainty she said) but I'll give them their fun until birth and will say I don't know the sex yet and want to keep it as a surprise as it will probably be another bloody girl. So another 29 weeks of ridicule but I have good friends so I'll grant them a good running gag for a while. :wub:  The test turned out fine by the way.

We'll see how much longer ED can and will go above and beyond. But as I said earlier I can imagine he must feel truly backstabbed by Craig making a quick buck of units ED is basically paying for now and the motivation must be draining from him. I'd wager that if ED would ask on the board if any pre order would accept these refurbished/2nd hand/partly faulty units instead of a uncertain unit at an uncertain time plenty of the people not able/willing to pay more (and understandably so!) would jump on them thus taking some of the pressure of.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see how much longer ED can and will go above and beyond. But as I said earlier I can imagine he must feel truly backstabbed by Craig making a quick buck of units ED is basically paying for now and the motivation must be draining from him. I'd wager that if ED would ask on the board if any pre order would accept these refurbished/2nd hand/partly faulty units instead of a uncertain unit at an uncertain time plenty of the people not able/willing to pay more (and understandably so!) would jump on them thus taking some of the pressure of.
I would have! I know there are issues with giving out refurbs as if it were a new device is not allowed but if I said "yes do that!" I feel like that has to be okay. Getting a unit with one or even two bad nubs is no big deal to me at this point considering the fact that I can buy extra nubs and my soldering skills are perfectly adequate to replace them. Bad wifi? I already have a tiny USB adapter that works great under Linux.

Why in the hell was this not offered as an option? I don't see how this can be interpreted in any other way than that Craig is trying to milk out every last penny from his company and assets therein so that he can file bankruptcy and wash his hands of this whole mess...

Anyone wanna go ask him since he clearly has no interest in this forum anymore? 

Sorry... irritated...

I love you ED!

Yeah, I fear all those people who mocked me for parting with £££'s on a pre-order will be giving it the "I told you so". Even though for a couple years or more now I've been telling them "that one day it will arrive" and "it's all legit".
It is legit. Unless the "I told you so"s specifically predicted the problems OPT would encounter then they're completely off base. If they try to get all smug about how you were "scammed" I and 4999 other people will gladly vouch for the fact that it isn't a scam, it's just a project that got too big and out of control.
I'm going to have to go through the same as FZERO. And to my friends and especially my wife the fact that you and 4999 other people did get it doesn't really help a lot. If anything it makes me an even bigger sucker that even though 5k got the unit I managed to get robbed. I am genuinly happy for the rest of you though! No sour grapes there.

But I'm a good sport in that regard and will happily tell them it fell through after all and give them their fun. I'll even fake that it gets to me when they do it.  :p  I would be of course upset if I don't get the unit, but getting stick from my friends is fine. I can give and receive in good spirit.

I have two daughters and we have an unexpected latecomer in the oven ( :blink: ) and all my friends are already having goes at me it will be another daughter. We had to go through the extra testing due to my wife being 38 for the elevated chance of down syndrom etc and because of that I already know it's probably a boy. (85% certainty she said) but I'll give them their fun until birth and will say I don't know the sex yet and want to keep it as a surprise as it will probably be another bloody girl. So another 29 weeks of ridicule but I have good friends so I'll grant them a good running gag for a while. :wub:  The test turned out fine by the way.

Yeah, I had to emphasise in the early days that it was all legit, which my mates do know now, as I've shown videos of people using their Pandoras on YT ... whilst hyping the fact that one day I too will be enjoying the power of ultimate emulation :) but they know now, they don't think it's a scam at all.

They do still mockingly ask me every now and then though "so, do you have your little computer gaming thingy yet?" ...knowing full well that I don't as that if I did I would have rubbed their face in it already.

Just the banter I have to put up with but it's all good.

Their 'I told you so' comments are more to do with me just never getting the device, they assume if it's not come in this amount of time... it's not coming.

I do explain the problems encountered but to them it's just blah-blah-blah and they don't get it, which is kind of understandable seeing as they not really exposed to the project and don't even ever do things like back projects, Kickstarters or anything, a concept they don't know about.

Ed, I sounded negative there but I'm not giving up... one day, one day...

Even if I wash that pre order [through no fault of your own I know :) ] I'd pick one up at some point, when a little work bonus touch or something lands my way.

Timstertoo, muchos congratulations man! ;)

Here we go again !!

I have been waiting like FOREVER

Are any of us original funders of Pandora ever going to get our units ?

or do I have to keep bitching an pleading with both Dragon & Craig to free up some units to clear the backlog

As I see it (Whatever way yopu look at it), if it wasn't for the original funding - There wouldn't be any Pandora whatsoever

There - Rant 15 done (how many more do I have to do)

and if anyone posts - Just be patient - I will scream................

Are any of us original funders of Pandora ever going to get our units ?

or do I have to keep bitching an pleading with both Dragon & Craig to free up some units to clear the backlog

As I see it (Whatever way yopu look at it), if it wasn't for the original funding - There wouldn't be any Pandora whatsoever
Well over 4000 of the original pre-orders have been fulfilled. There remains about 500 by appearances but Craig's bookkeeping is virtually non-existent and since he doesn't visit the boards anymore we have no way of knowing that for sure.Bitch and plead all you want, no one is going to tell you you're wrong for being upset (and if they do they're wrong), but you are directing your anger incorrectly. EvilDragon and Craigix own two different companies which both sold the same product. When manufacturing (handled by Craig) was falling apart, EvilDragon took over, but they are still fully distinct companies. EvilDragon has fulfilled his orders, he has no legal obligation to anymore pre-orders. You unfortunately bought your Pandora through Craig's store. EvilDragon is doing his best to fulfill Craig's pre-orders out of his own pocket but he can't do that forever, and it's not really fair for him to be doing that at all.

The whole situation simply sucks. You gave Craig money, Craig has failed to deliver, the one and only person who can even have a hope of making it completely right is Craig. I wish I had better advice for you, but really, the only things you can do is wait and hope EvilDragon makes enough money to fund more Pandoras and that yours is one of them; pay the cost difference yourself and buy a 1GHz Pandora at a discount direct from EvilDragon; or continue trying to talk directly with Craig and (politely) request one of the refurbs he's trying to sell; or lawyer up and go after him legally, but I don't think that'd be worth it.

@EvilDragon any chance of a status update? I know you are really busy. :(

It might encourage people who answered one option to the questionnaire to consider moving up a tier, and speed the process up a tiny bit.

Well, 40 of the ones have already upgraded and the units have been shipped. I am now working through all the emails I got as reply to the mail I sent (or information that it didn't arrive). Those are about 200, so quite an amount of work.

Once that's done, I'll check for donations and will send out the emails to customers who can't afford to upgrade for that price and they'll get devices partly funded from the community.

It's slowly moving forward, as it is a lot of work, but all crossupgrades have shipped and will ship right away now.

Well, 40 of the ones have already upgraded and the units have been shipped. I am now working through all the emails I got as reply to the mail I sent (or information that it didn't arrive). Those are about 200, so quite an amount of work.

Once that's done, I'll check for donations and will send out the emails to customers who can't afford to upgrade for that price and they'll get devices partly funded from the community.

It's slowly moving forward, as it is a lot of work, but all crossupgrades have shipped and will ship right away now.
^_^

40 of the 500 upgraded... 200 of them 500 replied.. 300 have given up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back