Transparent Shell Colours!

It's always a risk using dye. Black actually comes out a very deep purple. There used to be a forum with a section devoted to modding old game boys for chip tune. It went up due to embezzlement and fraud with the server, but still the stuff made there was pretty cool.

Still want a clear pyra... hope to see some led mods.
Yeah, black came out muddy red for me. I am very familiar with the forum you are talking about, those involved in the dispute that killed it, the companies, the products, the extremely questionable moderated/vanishing posts, etc. Chipmusic.org has some decent looking customized gear if anyone is looking for inspiration.

Oh God, the red and smoked black ones are GORGEOUS. I love those! Bit of a shame that the case colouring is a little limited because they're two colours I'm quite fond of, especially the smoked black one. Nice and subtle.
As mentioned above, just get the right kind of paint (I use different ones than DrHAX suggested, and there is another type I have heard good things about, but have no firsthand experience with), and you can get any color(s) you want, probably in translucent like the pics at the beginning of the thread. Also, you can get more creative and not have to worry about the paint getting worn off.

Whether you want something plain and conservative or you want something kinda crazy and totally custom, a clear case can give it to you.

Those are very 90s! I bought everything in a clear case when I could, loved clear! I'm liking the green, but I like green anyway.

I still want a red Pyra, I have seen it so much it just seems that I need a red one now.

Back