1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Trophy point system minor issue

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Kolbász, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Kolbász

Kolbász Fan

Tags:
  2. Wally

Wally Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure it counts from your first post, which was 26th April 2016 but as you say it's a rather minor thing and nobody should worry about this..

3. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

IIRC these trophies were something we got for free with the move to xenforo software, and not something any of us actually asked for. Consequently they haven't really been tested yet - I can't even find out how to see what trophies I've got after a quick dig around my profile.

This may well be an actual bug, and I should be able to test it. How do I?

Edit: I knew that as soon as I posted that I'd be able to figure it out. If you can find a posting you've made and click on your name there, it'll take you to your front page where your total trophy points will be listed under your post count and so on towards the left. It's a clickable link, and if you click on it it'll list the trophies you've been awarded.

If you've not found a posting you've made, you can get to the same front page by cliking on the quick menu icon (which is a little arrow coming out of a white box on my current theme, below alerts, and right aligned in the navigation box which shows which thread you're in in which forum, on which board category and so on) and choose 'your profile' it'll take you to your front page where your trophies can be found.

And indeed, I seem to have 'Two years already?' as well as 'It's been a month' but no 'Happy first year'.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Wally

Wally Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I have the same.. I guess because we registered aeons before Xenforo existed?

Best bet, report this to Xenforo, they should know!

5. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

I've a vague recollection of some trophy weirdness when we first moved to xenforo board software, which ED fixed with some configuration tweak. It might be worth ED checking first before we raise this with xenforo themselves in case it's in his domain to fix.

But as the thread title suggets, this is really a minor issue, and I'd propose the minorist of minor issues, and not worth ED's time at the moment to investigate. Maybe one day when he fancies a change of focus, and only really if he remember where the problem was last time (if my recollection is at all correct).

6. comradekingu

comradekingu Glowing ember

xenforo is non-free software, it is at their peril

7. Kolbász

Kolbász Fan

8. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

9. sebt3

sebt3 homebrew player (P. & C.)

Well if you fix the trophee system, then...
    May I have my point for "Do you have other hobbies?" since I crossed the 2500 posts long ago and "Forum Veteran" Since i'm here for over 5 years ;)