Turn around time for RMA's?

Got my RMA'd unit on the 10th of February. It was received by OPT on the 15th of December. The new unit appears perfect from my perspective, nubs are nice, buttons including shoulder buttons work great and the power drain is non-existent on this unit. Oddly I never did receive a notice that it was being shipped back, it just appeared at my door, nice surprise.

Thanks again OPT for an awesome device.

Twiitcher

Got an email from Jackie on Saturday. Sounds like things are quite busy for the OP Team & GBax folks as she mentioned she's been working 7 days a week. Sent my RMA off on Friday, cost me $40 for USPS Priority Mail and insurance on $500. Ouch.

Mine is scheduled for arrival on thursday.
static.gif

Can't wait to try hex-a-hop en red alert :D

Yes I've got a new one, its brilliant, only weird thing about it is, it doesnt have a sticker inside :blink:

:p so that makes my pandora pandora number 0 :p

Finally mine went back to OP today for repairs. But the trip from / to Brazil is a long one.

Mine went back in late January.ived in the UK on the 2nd of February.

I got an e-mail yesterday that it would be sent back to me today. So it'll be back somewhere in the next week. Makes the turnaround time about three weeks.

That is pretty good!

Mine went back in late January.ived in the UK on the 2nd of February.

I got an e-mail yesterday that it would be sent back to me today. So it'll be back somewhere in the next week. Makes the turnaround time about three weeks.

That is pretty good!

Got an e-mail on Monday that it was going out that day. Also apologies for the delay (as if one working day extra can really bother me). It is now underway with UPS. It's going to arrive tomorrow. So that makes a turnaround time of exactly 3 weeks. That is great performance for a repair!

I was told my unit arrived with them for repair on January 31st, and I received notification that it was supposed to ship out yesterday. Hopefully it did and I should receive it within the next couple weeks :)

I was told my unit arrived with them for repair on January 31st, and I received notification that it was supposed to ship out yesterday. Hopefully it did and I should receive it within the next couple weeks :)
Mine was delivered yesterday...yay....finally proper ScummVM and PSX emulation on the go again.

This unit is perfect now. No screen bowing, proper nubs, working lcd cable again....

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where I am a little torn. I have the lcd problem (aka purple lint of death) which on the one hand I would like to get fixed by OP, however I dont think I can live without my Pandora for a month or longer. Also I would like to attempt the lcd fix myself so I can learn how it is done and get to see literally whats inside of Pandora's box. I think what I can learn here could make a very interesting article for my blog. But on the other hand the lcd cable fix is said to be very complicated, so could risk making things worse AND I will lose my warranty which I do not particularly want to do should there be future faults.

Did I read correctly from other posters that when you send your Pandora for an RMA, OP will send you immediately (if available) a brand new Pandora?

Did I read correctly from other posters that when you said your Pandora for an RMA, OP will send you immediately (if available) a brand new Pandora?

Yes, I would mail them before sending so they can say if there are units available
Although the definition of "available" is a little hazy. Both times I had my Pandora RMA'd, brand new units were being shipped out to new customers after my unit had already arrived with OPT; my replacement didn't ship out until a while later after they received it (~1 month).

Sent my RMA in the end of November to ED. I just got a PM from him a couple days ago saying it'd been shipped and he gave me tracking :D

4th?!? Wow, at what point do you say you want your money back?

Has anyone else sent int their Pandora more than two times? That is a horrible track record there.

someguy is waiting on his fourth too..

It's the nubs, it's all the nubs. They were all broken and pretty much all destined to go bad. After hearing about so many problems early on I was pretty convinced that the nub design was doomed and something like this would happen but OP insisted it was just a small percentage and things would be okay overall. Now they admit that the nubs were bad and that it cost them a lot.

Having to deal with getting the nubs fixed and all the RMAs are probably the biggest financial hits the company took, and why they want to sell future Pandoras at $500.

4th?!? Wow, at what point do you say you want your money back?

Has anyone else sent int their Pandora more than two times? That is a horrible track record there.

someguy is waiting on his fourth too..
I'm waiting on my fourth, also. However, it was the LCD cable for me this time (the previous two had lethal-nub-death, though), but the unit did have the older type nubs.

My RMA found its way back to me today. It took 8 days for another to be shipped out from Village Hall which I commend. More importantly, it shipped Friday and was in my hands by 1PM today. MOST IMPORTANTLY, this thing is a Martian rockstar and flawless all around (a minor paint blemish around the Space and Fn key). Look forward to firing this thing up and trying out some new nubs!!! :D

Thanks Craig & Team!

Back