TV Out Cable: Time to Mass produce! (2013-06-22)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like so many of these questions and problems: The person that has your money and should supply the goods is Craig. As he apparently won't, the base line of it all is that you're screwed over by him. There is no real obligation for anyone, anywhere, to do something about this, apart from Craig. However, ED is taking money out of what ought to be his profits (for a very loose definition of "profit" here - "What ought to be what he could use to repay his staggering debts" is more like it) to help out those who unfortunately have gotten screwed over by Craig. 

So, by all means do mind paying for the cable again, but direct that minding Craig-wards, not Ed-wards.
Nothing is being directed at anyone.

I just need to know about these vouchers for TV cables.

Ed is offering a voucher to use against goods totalling over 50 euro, not a free cable.

What's the value of the voucher?
It was never finalised, the voucher was proposed back when the cable was being prototyped and the final cost to ED was probably not calculated:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12957-tv-out-cable-prototype-finished-2013-05-03/?view=findpost&p=244469
Aaaaah, a 10 Euro voucher for the TV cable? Is this still valid?

^ I think the point is that its a voucher with the same value as the cable:

So i.e. if I have to charge 10 EUR for the TV Out Cable, you'll get a 10 EUR voucher and could use that to order an SD Card cheaper together with it).
... which is, effectively, a free cable ;)

^ I think the point is that its a voucher with the same value as the cable:

So i.e. if I have to charge 10 EUR for the TV Out Cable, you'll get a 10 EUR voucher and could use that to order an SD Card cheaper together with it).
... which is, effectively, a free cable ;)
Okay thanks.

Well, hopefully ED will get back to us guys/gals who had already ordered and paid, to shed light on any purchase requirements or changes that we made need to do in order to obtain a voucher.

First thing I'm gonna do when I receive my pandy next week is install VIM (my friend is totally in love with this cool piece of linux software). Then - I want to plug in that TV Out cable and relive Double Dragon:)

I sent a mail to Craig store some days ago but I still have to receive a Voucher.

The voucher would be from ED, I'm not sure how he's organising it though.

I paid Craig for a TV out cable as well. That was 5 years ago (in 2 weeks, *exactly* 5 years ago). I'm more than happy to pay ED for this cable, if that saves me from ever having to deal with Craig again. Voucher schmoucher. From ED or from Craig. Just forget about it. And yes, even when I fell for the 'Buy the ICP2 to save my ass'. Lesson learned. All things considered, it was cheap.

It already arrived yesterday, but I wasn't home. I'm picking it up monday from the post office. Happy camper. Thanks ED!

Well I had ordered a TV Out cable when I ordered my original Pandora, but have not received it as yet. So, I just went to Dragon Box and ordered purchased two cables (one for each of my Pandoras). Will be great to see how everything looks on a larger screen. Now I will be able to play Ultima 7 will not problems...

Like so many of these questions and problems: The person that has your money and should supply the goods is Craig. As he apparently won't, the base line of it all is that you're screwed over by him. There is no real obligation for anyone, anywhere, to do something about this, apart from Craig. However, ED is taking money out of what ought to be his profits (for a very loose definition of "profit" here - "What ought to be what he could use to repay his staggering debts" is more like it) to help out those who unfortunately have gotten screwed over by Craig. 

So, by all means do mind paying for the cable again, but direct that minding Craig-wards, not Ed-wards.
Nothing is being directed at anyone.

I just need to know about these vouchers for TV cables.
That's good :) It's just that there has been so many outbreaks of anger lately, I thought I'd step in preventively :)

Same here, i said adios to the cables ordered from Craig and ordered new ones.

Ed is offering a voucher to use against goods totalling over 50 euro, not a free cable.
 No one knows. Craig hasn't sent any of us an email about our voucher.

ED said he would send the voucher information to Craig and that Craig should be sending it to all of us. I'm sure ED has already upheld his side, however Craig has not done his part. Go Figure.

-God Ginrai

No one knows. Craig hasn't sent any of us an email about our voucher.

ED said he would send the voucher information to Craig and that Craig should be sending it to all of us. I'm sure ED has already upheld his side, however Craig has not done his part. Go Figure.

-God Ginrai
Hmmm.

If this is the case then maybe it's just best for us guys/gals to order new ones. 

Still - I would really like ED to let us know what the latest details are in this particular circumstance.

Sorry about the delay, I totally forgot to send the voucher details to Jacquelyne... sorry about that. Will do that this week.

Sorry about the delay, I totally forgot to send the voucher details to Jacquelyne... sorry about that. Will do that this week.
Excellent ED thanks!

..and regardless of the outcome - thanks for getting onto it.

Looking forward to it - I've been delaying ordering a pile of stuff until this comes in so I can combine the shipping.

Looking forward to it - I've been delaying ordering a pile of stuff until this comes in so I can combine the shipping.
I'm in similar circumstances: a 1GHz Pandora, a spare battery for my 1st Edition, and the cable itself.

-God Ginrai

Mines waiting at the post office, I won't be able to get there till Saturday morning! still weeeee but not so much... :)

Back