TV Out Cable: Time to Mass produce! (2013-06-22)

I can't see any "loophole" in anything you mentioned. I suspect whatever you think is a loophole either you completely misunderstand or aren't thinking through properly.
That's entirely possible.
The loophole I'm referring to is in paying yourself a large wage and then using personal effects to manage your company. If a person starts a company, awards themselves a bonus, buys a car, and then uses that car for company business, that car cannot be said to be purchased by the company and therefore not considered an asset, but (at least in Canada and the US) should the person's company go into bankruptcy, even if it is a Ltd, it might be deemed that the car was actually integral to the companies operation and therefore candidate for seizure. Or it might not, it's a case by case thing. If you start a home business and use personal finances to purchase a desk for your home and that desk is where you do all your work for the company then it has the potential to be considered a company asset and may be seized.
Facepalm. :(

As I said, in the UK a company cannot just give an employee things, it either counts as earnings for that employee, or a perk, all of which has to be taxed by law. And in fact from a tax point of view, if you are an individual who owns a company, it's MUCH cheaper for the company to buy and keep things that are related and used for the company.

Personal assets you use for the benefit of your company are always personal assets. There is no loophole, if your company buys things it's your company's assets. And as I've said, it cannot just give them to you, it all has to be taxed and accounted for, and those accounts have to be submitted every year.

The only time a person's personal assets might remotely come into it, is where fraud has been committed. And we have this thing in the UK which you don't in the US (you have that stupid freedom of speech thing which allows nutters to blatantly lie about things like Obama's birth place or intelligent design being a scientific theory) called libel, which means if this board is located in the UK, the owners of it could be sued for not removing accusations of fraud aimed towards Craig, as could any residents of the UK who make those accusations.

Personally the only thing I see regarding the business dealings of Craig has been incompetence. And unfortunately because of those I still don't have a Pandora I paid for. :/

@aatu, thank you for being another voice of sanity!

I have no cinch male to male extention cables so I first have to buy them (3 I guess).
Careful when ordering, male - male is the standard cable you need, if you ask for an 'extension' cable that'll be male - female!
Thanks for the tip, that was the reason why I first didn't found matching cables at Amazon, I only searched for "extention" cables. ^^""

Just to let you know:

Created the voucher today and just sent the mail with the informations to Jacquelyne.

Hopefully, she will soon send the details to all of you guys still waiting for the TV Out Cable.

Basically, you get a voucher over 20 EUR which you can use when you order Pandora accessories worth 50 EUR (incl. the TV Out Cable).

So order anything (carry case, SD Cards, T-Shirts, battery, etc.) that adds up to 30 EUR and you'll get the TV Out Cable for free.

Just found a old Component Cable today at home, and its long enought so i can Play now sitting on my Couch whit the Pandora on the TV

Its realy nice, and whit the Hardware Scaler, also Emulator s shows on the TV..

Only gpsp ditnt want to start and Picodrive only shows Black White ..

And some Programms seems to reset my Component Mode to SVideo which cause Black White on the TV..

Super Mario Land plays wherry well on TV...

Now the Pandora is a Homebrewhandheld and a Homebrew TV Console in one Case..

I use the Internal Gamepad of the Pandora as its realy good. .

Got my TV out cable and other goodies yesterday, thank-you ED. It's working very nicely. :) Will shop again :p

Did anyone receive the voucher from Jacquelyne?  I'm still waiting for a response.

Hi everyone,

Instead of the expected voucher, I received this message from openpandorasales@gmail.com :

Hello,

If you have received your Pandora you can ignore this email.

OpenPandora Ltd (UK) has ran out of funds and we have requested the company to be struck off.

As you may know the original company producing the PCBs failed to deliver around 1000 units due to manufacturing defects, this, along with the intermittent failure of the LCD cables drastically damaged our finances.

Earlier in the year we tried everything possible to continue business but 3 months ago, after legal advice, it was shown to be very unlikely to succeed. The company has no assets of any significant value.

There is no money to pay for liquidation (it would require around £4000) and since no one has applied to liquidate us it is with regret that we have had to take this action.

You can find a copy of the strike off form here:

http://craig.gp2x.de/liqform.zip

OpenPandora Germany continues to trade and may be able to help you in regards to outstanding orders, you should email them if they don't already have your details. (openpandora.org).

OpenPandora Ltd.
What about you ?

Hi JihemB, everyone who ordered from Craig in the UK, Openpandora.org, got this mail.

You should've got an email a while back though about the upgrade option from ED in Germany, the dragonbox.de website... If you contact there, you can pay around 100 EUR for the classic Pandora, or around 300 EUR for the 1GHz Pandora.

These are discounted prices for pre-orderers.

ED is currently updating his website so the page with this offer on is giving a 404 right now, I'd expect that page to be linked again in a matter of days probably.

For now thought I would suggest emailing ED via his store about the upgrade if looking to take it up

https://www.dragonbox.de

There are other threads about the upgrade here for more info too, but that's basically the situation right now.

Sadly the UK company has bit the dust, the German company is helping us out by selling Pandora at cost price.

ED is currently updating his website so the page with this offer on is giving a 404 right now, I'd expect that page to be linked again in a matter of days probably.

For now thought I would suggest emailing ED via his store about the upgrade if looking to take it up

https://www.dragonbox.de
It's the standard Pandora product page, and that works fine - only the friendly URLs don't.

However, he was talking about the TV Out Voucher, not of a Pandora.

Craig really could've sent the vouchers to his customers...

Hi,

To FZERO : Luckily (or not) I upgraded my pre-order from Craig to ED more than six months ago and I received my OpenPandora in 48 hours (Thanks to ED) :)

The purpose of my post in this forum was to indicate that, instead of receiving the expected voucher (since my pre-order included a TV-Cable I still don't have) I received the email I quoted. I wondered if it was the case for everyone and if receiving this mail indicates that no voucher (nor anything else !) will come from Craig's company ?

To ED : Please, thanks to indicate if I'll still receive the voucher in a near future.

Regards,

JihemB

Back