TV out cables?

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
I paid for the TV out cable when I ordered my Pandora and now I was wondering; Is it still in the pipeline? I´m on vacation right now and am using my Pandora lots. I could really use that cable now ;)

I know there´s an alternative community organized project out there but I´d rather receive what I paid for or get told I won`t ever receive it so I can look further at other options.

Cheers!

A lot of us paid for one. They don't exist yet. Apparently the order quantity required in order to mass produce them is outrageous.

I would suggest putting one point in the 'bad idea' column for this whole, 'use a weird proprietary connection for the TV out to prevent confusion,' thing, but even that misses it a bit.

The connector used is pretty high density. I got a sheet of them from WizardStan. No way I'm going to solder to it with the equipment I've got. It's pretty much a dissection scope job.

I'm not sure what connector could have been better though. It needs a lot of pins in a very small space.

So, back around to waiting on a cable from OPL. It might be a long wait.

Well with the TinyBoB pc-board designed by Peca, soldering a connector is a bit more manageable.. I wasted two connectors without one.. Luckily I didn't pay for a TV out cable. I can see the frustration for those who paid for something that they didn't receive..

The community based project from Wizardstan and Peca getting the connectors, making small circuit boards, and making tv out cables is all that is currently available.

The official line has changed many times but essentially, they need a huge amount of cash to fund making an already proven and showcased TV out cable officially, as the minimum order for making them, is actually beyond the number of Pandora pre-orders. Not necessarily actual numbers of units bought by the 4000+ pre-orders, due to multiple orders.

Regardless, you need to either see if Peca still has the (energy) parts available to bulid you a custom cable, or to see if WizardStan still has the connectors available for you to do the job yourself. If your USA based then Link/Mjink set up a shop http://www.ithic.com that also sells the pre-made (by Peca) pre-soldered circuit boards plus connectors, or TinyBob's as they are termed.

Some folk chose to cancel their awaited orders for the tv out cable, or swap it for something else that OPT offer, in order to not cause a financial crisis. Your options are open, yet given the iCP success my,own bets are over the hedged fund, fully on the sales of iCP's enabling, a blanket order of TV Out cables to cover everyone fairly soon.

Then again I was once a Monarchist and Thatchershite and truly thought UK broadband, would be the envy of the world by allowing BT to bankrupt itself as competition grew and US firms were allowed to basically achieve less than myself an Shazza (both from Barking) could in the way of digging up the street on an ongoing basis, when a certain component (Tracy, who duz trees, or fellas up against em... mwahauahauauwww... braying continues) in the form of hardcore cabling, was woefully absent.

Tron was never re-played enough on TV, that was the error, rather than "Chum some of this Shit" and "Your gonna need a bigger boat (interwebby thang)!"

We are currently adrift, amidst a chum trail, with the remaining sharks that have escaped the long lines queues, circling.

Its okay though because we have DeCaprio here and his never let go companion. They're first up, her for lying.

We have to change the machine. Do you fight for the user?

Errr... Thanks for the replies but.... :)

I just want an official reply from an OPT member about wether it´s still in the pipeline or not.

:D

If not I´ll check with Peca as I really want one (to watch series and movies with my wife on a regular TV set when not @ home mainly)

It's been ages since OPT has last mentioned anything about the cables. As such, I'm assuming that nothing has changed about the status.

I have to admit, I'm a bit worried by the long silence as well.

It is in the pipeling. Part of moving the production to Germany will also be starting the production of the TV Out Cables.

It's part of my plan :)

ED, I am muchly happy to hear that.
grin.gif

Thanks for the update!

I would say just make one yourself. You can find out how on forums with a great tutorial and some easy to read diagrams. Worst thing could happen is you screw up your Pandora. There are worse things in life. Losing your leg, poke your self in the eye with a fork, spill hot coffee on your lap while on the potty, fart loudly in a wedding, punch your self reapeatedly without reason in the crotch. you know things like that. :blink:

That's really cool finally we will have official tv out cables,thank you ed your the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the update ED.

I think a mod should pin this - There's been a few threads on the TV Out cables, might be useful

I don't think I can justify another sticky on the basis of one small update.

Now, if it were more concrete (like "They'll be available on this date, and we'll soon be taking orders for them again"), I'd certainly do so. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back