Twitterix Mould Photos

Evan~NL said:
Why did i took weeks to cnc this? i can make those things within a day!
Okay, I expect pics tomorrow then, kthx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evan~NL said:

yea i noe CRAIG I CNA DO THIS IS OEN HOURS Y TAKE SO LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGGG??????????????

VAAAAAAAAAAPPPOOOUUURRRWAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEE

Xian Long said:
Evan~NL said:

yea i noe CRAIG I CNA DO THIS IS OEN HOURS Y TAKE SO LOOOONNNNNGGGGGGGGGG??????????????

VAAAAAAAAAAPPPOOOUUURRRWAAARRRRRRREEEEEEEEE

lol

SRSLY, I keep a machine shop in my back pocket just for jobs like this

/ very little rant
What wrong with using that good old IMG tag and posting things here instead of that silly twitter thing?
/off

Cool pictures, more, pretty please?

Evan~NL said:

build your own electrical discharge machiner first

bonus points if you manage not to ignite the insulating kerosene

Yeah, The German blog sadly has a lot more quick info than the english one.. I don't like reading automated translations..

Polossatik said:
/ very little rant
What wrong with using that good old IMG tag and posting things here instead of that silly twitter thing?
/off

Cool pictures, more, pretty please?

Because twitter will then block the images and I have to host them myself. I wanted to get the news to the forums fast thats why I chose to just put the link.

atomicthumbs said:
Evan~NL said:

build your own electrical discharge machiner first

bonus points if you manage not to ignite the insulating kerosene

the CNC machined piece (the one in copper) are just electrode used in the EDM to erode the mould as i understand it, it's not building the elctrode that take some time, it's the electro erosion using them...

fusion_power said:
Yoyobuae said:
Hmmm, I guess that could be photo of the machining process. There's a hole in the copper mould exactly at the that position too.

So yeah, I was wrong on that part. :p
Yupp, the copper form seems to be the same as in the 1. Photo.
I really had trouble to puzzle this form into the Moulding process of the Case. Buf yes, This copper-form seems to be just the (not used) outside of the upper-Side of the base-Case. The Plastic is filled in the hole and the Shape of the Pandora-case top side is actualy inside. I think this part will be set onto the other Mould where the bottom side of the Top case (inside of the assembled case) is engraved, the part, where all the supportingstructures for the Gaming controls and the Keypad are.
I bet, the inside of this mould is not pure Copper and could look like the moulds in picture Nr. 2.

hum, sorry for the double post, but I think there's a big bunch of wrong idea in this tread...

I really think that the copper part are not the mould, but just a positive CNC machined copper electrode for the EDM machine... see "Sinker EDM" wiki

Elwing said:
hum, sorry for the double post, but I think there's a big bunch of wrong idea in this tread...

I really think that the copper part are not the mould, but just a positive CNC machined copper electrode for the EDM machine... see "Sinker EDM" wiki
Hm, I don't know much about EDM but you could be right, it could be the electrode ^_^

fusion_power said:
Elwing said:

Hm, I don't know much about EDM but you could be right, it could be the electrode ^_^
So does this mean that someone, somewhere, will end up with a copper Pandora? that's awesome. they should auction it off! (I assume it's not needed once the molds are made?)

rabidpoobear said:
fusion_power said:
Elwing said:

So does this mean that someone, somewhere, will end up with a copper Pandora? that's awesome. they should auction it off! (I assume it's not needed once the molds are made?)

guess you're right... craigx will get a great looking paper weight... the elctrode might be damaged through...

They would only get the moulds if they decide not to make more pandoras, or they decide to switch case maker.

they get 10000 cases now, but after second batch, they will only have 2000 left, and need to make more cases.

GizmoTheGreen said:
They would only get the moulds if they decide not to make more pandoras, or they decide to switch case maker.

they get 10000 cases now, but after second batch, they will only have 2000 left, and need to make more cases.

guess you've not readed the thread... If i'm right the copper part is NOT a mould, it is just a part involved in the creation of the mould by the EDM, it's basically junk (or a great looking paper weight) after the mould is done...

I'm sorry, I aassume my thoughtprocesses's weren't very straight at the moment of writing, I was relatively newly awoken from a sleeping state.
Not that it matters.

I humbly apologize.

Back