Psus Have Landed

Whilst it may well bring out a few "Waah, Crapple!" whiners, I must say that this is interesting. It's about the MacBook Air's UK power adapter, which adheres to the usual British plug standards, but was designed to fold down into a much more compact state. :p

Prometheus said:
Whilst it may well bring out a few "Waah, Crapple!" whiners, I must say that this is interesting. It's about the MacBook Air's UK power adapter, which adheres to the usual British plug standards, but was designed to fold down into a much more compact state. :p

sound like a great solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place...

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:

Actually, I think that looks great :D

I wonder how many times we will hear this?

And when will it actually be true?

craigix said:
Apart from the fact we already have the chargers and they came from a UK company?

^ "I moved the PSUs from my basement to the hall" would have sounded less interesting.

aq21 said:

craigix said:
Apart from the fact we already have the chargers and they came from a UK company?

It was true. You're quoting out of context. That was a response to the assumptions from users that they hadn't even decided who to buy the PSU from. They had decided, and already had some of them on hand.

-God Ginrai

Monk said:
b1llygo4t said:
im in the us and i have abused the hell out of our standard and never had an issue, every prong i own is bent to shit and either doesnt want to go in or doesnt want to stay in but once you get em there they work very well

That sounds like a problem to me, but on the other hand I've never even HEARD of a UK plug with bent pins. We make 'em tough in Britain.
Yup, can't stand the wangy europlugs.
Never feels right to me to have high current running through something about as solid as a speaker plug.

UK plugs go in with a satisfying clunk, and stay in every single time.

aq21 said:

craigix said:

I don't even understand what the dig is here? I moved the chargers from the offices in Newcastle to the hall in Durham. We have had them for months.

mali said:
Europlugs are for wimps. Schukostecker FTW.
I google for "Schukostecker"... You are right. It always works :)
P-Royal139.jpg

Attachments

• P-Royal139.jpg
    P-Royal139.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 69
^ :lol:
Plain awesome!

edit:
Memories :D I was electrician and we had a radio on site. The power cable broke and guess what, I fiddled some 1.5mm² wires(that stuff you use to bridge wall sockets) together. Looked even a bit worse than that connection on your pic :lol:

Back