Twitterix - Plural Of "pandora"?

What is the plural of "Pandora"?

• Total voters

lulzfish

Pandora Defense Squad
Website
troyanonymous.homelinux.com
"Craigix: Big box of Pandori for shipping tomorrow. Over 100 in the wild now. Appstore has downloads/tweets activated."

The plural of Pandora is Pandori?

Edit: Added Alec's suggestion
Edit: Added Tom`'s suggestion. Shit's getting complex.
Edit: Added DroneB's suggestion.
Edit: Added Czech, Hebrew, and Modern Greek, because the Pandora isn't ancient, it's the same as the iPhone technology.
Edit: Added some more programming options. I wonder how many options I can add before it gets ridiculous.

Well, Pandora is a proper noun, so usually you would just add a "s" to the end to pluralize it: Pandoras. There are always exceptions, and my personal preference in this case would be Pandorae.

But that's just me.

Alec... >.< :ph34r:

There's no easy answer here. "Pandora" is Πανδώρα in ancient Greek. It wouldn't have been pluralized in that language, being a name, but if it were, it should be transliterated "Pandorai." If we treat it as a Latin plural (and there is, as far as I'm aware, no compelling reason to do this) it would be "Pandorae." "Pandori" has no real etymological basis, but since it appears to be preferred by the father of the Pandora project, we can consider it to have some validity. Or it might be best to just use the standard English "Pandoras," in the absence of any compelling reasons to the contrary. Unless someone would want to construct a German plural; I have no idea how that works. :p

I think it would be appropriate to go with the Greek plural of Pandorai, given the above post.

Actually, "Pandori" will work in Russian if the 'i' is pronounced like the 'i' in "bin."

Alerino said:
1 Pandora = a lonely and happy nerd
5 Pandoras = a networking Quake game
200 Pandoras = a wild internet forum
4000 Pandoras = Evildragon sleeping and Craig spending the week in a pub
1000000 Pandoras = Bill Gates' nightmare, profit and world peace
Alerino = win

Last edited by a moderator:
Alerino said:
Bill Gates wouldn't even notice a million units.

How many go in a "big box"???

I'm around 250! I need specific numbers, man!!!

I naturally thought it would be Pandora... even before I saw it was a vote option.

since :http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/woman.html

then it should be Pandore??

Alerino said:

1000000 Pandoras =
dr-evil.jpg

Alec  said:
None of the above:

Pandorae
I think "Pandorae" too. (Maybe 'cause I have to learn Latin?)
But Pandora is Greek! And the plural should be "Pandorai". (I'm also learning old-greek...)

The best of both worlds: 'Red Bari'.

But I guess 'Pandorai' is all right...

Back