Twitterix: X68000 Helped With Pandora`s.

Arkay Firestar said:
Creature XL said:
paulguy said:
They might discharge a bit by the time you get it just naturally (seems to just happen with rechargeable batteries) so the first thing you should do when you get your pandora is plug it in, before turning it on, to be especially safe. :)

There is no way in hell I will plug my P into the wall outlet when it arrives.
I fire it up and use it until I go to bed. Then will be its chargin' time.

I know it will be hard to resist, but if you really want to try and maximize the potential/lifespan of your battery, you should let it charge fully prior to first use. Or, at least plug it in and then start using it.

The detriment to the battery might be minimal if you just start using it, but the possibility exists that you're shaving weeks/months off its full life, especially if you accidentally run it dry. There's a reason this sage advice appears in the manual of every lithium powered device: there is truth to it.

Alright. i will plug it in and use it. But I won't wait :)
Its easy for me to wait 3 - 6 weeks (ordered 5th Oct 2008), but when it is in my hands it will be hard :) (yes the thing oyu thought of will be hard as well :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha2 said:
If I recall correctly someone (ED?) said that the instant you plug it in the first time to charge it turns on anyway (something about the way the OMAP it self was designed?) so it would seem even if you intend to start using it the moment it comes out of the box you might as well plug it in and do your set up.
Yeah, pretty much all devices have to turn on in order to charge, but most just boot a tiny OS which only handles power management.
They haven't had time to sort out one for the Pandora yet, so it has to boot up properly to charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back