Twitterix: X68000 Helped With Pandora`s.

I could never forget ED, but I was just thinking about today & yesterday :p

I just thought there'd be some more, for example the two guys shown in the recent assembly preparation video by craig, etc.

Oh well. Anyway i'm glad that production with 50+ per day (limit rising over days) is already nicely fast :)

ps: ED has confirmed that he'll arrive Monday in the evening, leaving tuesday one week later.

Stephen, one of the guys off that video was also helping out yesterday and was like a machine! He really got stuck into his tasks and was a great help!

50+ units per day certainly looks very achievable

x68000 said:

400-500...

If I see my pandora within the next three weeks i will be the happiest little monkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
edgex004 said:
x68000 said:

400-500...

If I see my pandora within the next three weeks i will be the happiest little monkey.
Once production is in full swing and everyone has become used to every last part of the process, they should literally start flying out (looks forward to pictures of Pandoras with wings)

Dead1nside said:
x68000 said:
Can't say too much more at the moment, but will have some interesting pics to show you this evening ;)

That's more like it :)
I was just thinking the same thing, that X68000 has adopted Craig's twitter style.
Guess more words will come when he gets used to typing on a small keyboard. :)

@x68000 - Thanks for helping. Would have been surprised if you hadn't. Also you have 3 friends on the forum and one of those is Sony. Confused.com!

x68000 said:
When looking at 4000 units, that is a woefully low number. That's 80 days, and I know the whole the team isn't going to stay there for that long, so the number would drop significantly after a week (or two). Also, don't forget down time, weekends.

Hopefully it can be ramped up to 100+/day, and get them out.

Edit: Oh, and thanks for helping, you know we all appreciate it. I assume you got your Pandora, why no pics/vids?

Please note, I am not criticizing, just pointing things out, 50+/day is very low to fill the orders in a timely manner, and as I said, I am sure people like MWeston have things to get back to and can't stay forever.

So Production / shipping of the first 1000 may go faster with all of them there (once ED and Fatih arrive)... then the rest after that will be what, less than 50/day?

Edit2: I hope you got a refund on your shipping payment, after all your help and walking away with your Pandora.

craigix said:
However I know at least one person is collecting in person today.

Well isnt that the reason for looking at places that can also do the MP in the UK. Right now it's just people volunteering there's nothing to assure their constant participation aside from the promise of free booze and pizza.

^ That was just a figure what seemed very comfortable to achieve for a small team to churn out. But more people will be there next week AFAIK and production will ramp up further.

UPDATE: I have been back over for another 3 hours but had to leave as I had some football to watch (Blackpool FTW!!) plus Craig had to pick Fatih up from the train station. Will be over later to pick up my production Pandora.

Alpha2 said:
Well isnt that the reason for looking at places that can also do the MP in the UK. Right now it's just people volunteering there's nothing to assure their constant participation aside from the promise of free booze and pizza.
I'd give Craig slightly more credit than that. He's doing a top job considering the position he was put in.

Volunteering has nothing to with food and drink and everything to do with community participation, you should try it yourself.

Thanks for helping out x68000. I wish I was nearby so I could help out, as I mod handhelds in my spare time, and think it would be fun to work in an assembly line production.

Well, I'm glad to see the team keeping it small to start, as no one will take better care of a "child" than it's parents, but the team can't stay forever, so Craig should for get some trustworthy and productive help, so production can stay up once the team goes back home. 50+ a day is great right now, but that should be improved with time and more bodies.

Thanks to all!

Chris

jumpman said:
Thanks for helping out x68000. I wish I was nearby so I could help out, as I mod handhelds in my spare time, and think it would be fun to work in an assembly line production.

Well, I'm glad to see the team keeping it small to start, as no one will take better care of a "child" than it's parents, but the team can't stay forever, so Craig should for get some trustworthy and productive help, so production can stay up once the team goes back home. 50+ a day is great right now, but that should be improved with time and more bodies.

Thanks to all!

Chris
From what i've been told, it is all in hand. Plus the assembly line is being constantly streamlined and improved.

The manufacture shouldn't cause any issues

I'm not worried about Texas at all. I'm worried about China. We still haven't heard word if the rest of the 9000 cases have been given the go ahead. It did take them quite some time just to get 1,000 done.

Also, I was under the assumption that 1,500 boards were at the town hall now. Of which 700 need to have the wifi portion fixed. The other 800 were already fixed at Texas and shipped over.

Phawx said:
I'm not worried about Texas at all. I'm worried about China. We still haven't heard word if the rest of the 9000 cases have been given the go ahead. It did take them quite some time just to get 1,000 done.

Also, I was under the assumption that 1,500 boards were at the town hall now. Of which 700 need to have the wifi portion fixed. The other 800 were already fixed at Texas and shipped over.
All i can answer here is that MWeston is working flat out on the board mods and making good progress.

x68000 said:
Will be over later to pick up my production Pandora.

Cool. Can you grab mine while you're there? :D

Exciting news! Thanks for the help, x68000, everyone appreciates it. :)
I do hope the rest of the boards/cases will be done and shipped soon, though, I fear that those will push those poor 3900-4000s into August. :/

x68000 said:
Alpha2 said:
I'd give Craig slightly more credit than that. He's doing a top job considering the position he was put in.

Volunteering has nothing to with food and drink and everything to do with community participation, you should try it yourself.

I would if I could but I'm not anywhere near the UK nor do I have the technical skill required by the team to actually work on them, but I try to help by updating the Posts for the blog thread.

Back