Release UAE4All 2.0

Good. If cou now create new config files they will work with both old and new uae4all versions in this current release.

Do you have any ideas what is causing the problem with loading savestates or are stuck on that?
On restoring the called functions in fame.cpp might do something differently than before. That's something I haven't really checked yet.

Ok, so all hope is not lost! :)

Found out that when I changed the controls in May to make uae4all work in SuperZaxxon I "implemented" that joystick-input and firebuttons were emitted simultaneously for player 1 and 2. Since I didn't test 2-player games I hadn't noticed that.

Now I saw in Banshee you control two planes and in Watchtower (a neat AGA Commando-like game) you controlled both soldiers simultaneously.

Fixed this so you only get input for player 1 now (also updated the old UAE4Alls):

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

Btw., these are ideal settings (=>display menu) to play Banshee aspect correct with full height and centered:

Displayed Lines: 256

Screen Width: 500

Vertical Position: 3

Cut Left: 64

Cut Right: 0

P.S. Regarding savestates: I fixed a bug in memory.cpp yet still savestates don't work. Well, maybe the AnUAE4All-developer will have more luck when he integrates our new features...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an Android port of UAE4All. It's being sold for money (although the one who ported it probably added nothing to it himself as of now).

...I suppose peopole will always try make money off other people's backs! I wonder how well it runs?

I think it'll reach 50fps without frameskip and clear sound like our uae4all. Only with less features atm.

Nearly all games that I try work well. As I said it is great to have Goal! working now. Upto a week ago I have never used WHDload.
Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker now also works - seems like every OCS game works with WHDLoad (Lionheart sadly with severe gfx errors though).

I think it'll reach 50fps without frameskip and clear sound like our uae4all. Only with less features atm.

Nearly all games that I try work well. As I said it is great to have Goal! working now. Upto a week ago I have never used WHDload.
Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker now also works - seems like every OCS game works with WHDLoad (Lionheart sadly with severe gfx errors though).

Great! I'll have to give Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker a go later.

Do you think it is possible to fix the savestates issue?

Surely it's possible. Don't know if I can do it though. Also I'm somewhat discouraged to continue working on this seeing someone else making nice profit by it on Android.

Hi John,

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I have been really grateful (as I sure other are) for all your work so far. Is there anywhere that members can donate? I would definitely be willing to do so.

It is plain wrong that someone has taken the work of others, passing it off as there own and then makes a profit, I suspect it happens with a lot of applciations like this though on platforms like Android.

I also use other people's code (just added some Pandora-specific features and the gfx positioning). Bernd Schmidt, Toni Wilen, the anonymous engineer and some others did most of the work. I don't think anyone should earn cash for their work.

No argument from me, people shouldn't be earning off of other people backs.

IOS market and Google market are full of these apps making money out of ports and things they never created in the first place. They are probably violating a number of distribution licences in the way.

That's also why I don't like Android as a platform. So many apps which SHOULD obviously be free are actually paying or ridden with ads (and ad-supported is NOT free). It's ridiculous.

It's only really when you go look on places like the Android market, that you realise how spoilt we are for software on the Pandora, such a wide variety and selection. It's amazing considering the scarce amount of Pandoras in real terms out there in the world. I admit I know feck all about programming, and I ask more than my fair share of stupid quesitons on here, but it's a great community!! :)

Well, you can sell gpl software, but you need to release the sourcecode. Does he do that?

If so, just rebuild it and put it on the market for free. A lot of people will want to have a refund from him ;)

He just states "for GPL enquiries please email to developer". If someone would contact him is he allowed to hold back his frontend work (and anything else required to build this for Android)?

If it is separate to the main program, he can hold it back, yes :(

Edit: Of course this would be considered bad style, but all changes he made to the gpl sources he needs to give away.

Sad thing is, this guy is almost certainly reading this thread, and possibly even a board member.

There are people who have literally made hundreds of thousands of dollars by porting and selling other peoples work on Android/iOS.

Google just seem to turn a blind eye.

Well, it is not forbidden to sell the service of building a gpled app and support.

It is just very selfish not to feed the changes and enhancements upstream.

Well, I mean, if he just did a frontend and doesn't modify the code of the emulator itself, he doesn't have to make that opensource. Also if creates a makefile for android, he doesn't have to provide it as it is not part of the gpl software, but his own creation.

Edit: If you read this forumthread, please clarify a bit, what was changed.

Back