Uae4all News

critical posted on Oct 24 2006 at 03:27 PM said:
Wow - I'd never thought of doing that ;) Compiling it isn't the problem at the moment... patience.

I just send you lastest FAME/C and Makefile for Windows.

GOOD LUCK !

Last edited by a moderator:
chui posted on Oct 24 2006 at 05:09 PM said:
I just send you lastest FAME/C and Makefile for Windows.

GOOD LUCK !
Thanks ;) Same problem, though. I've sent you a FAME_DEBUG output log if you get the chance to take a look at it.

critical posted on Oct 24 2006 at 04:40 PM said:
Thanks ;) Same problem, though. I've sent you a FAME_DEBUG output log if you get the chance to take a look at it.

Agg!!

You have changed a lot of source files:
./src/blitfunc.cpp
./src/compiler.cpp
./src/custom.cpp
./src/drawing.cpp
./src/ersatz.cpp
./src/gui.cpp
./src/keybuf.cpp
./src/m68k/fame/m68k_intrf.cpp
./src/main.cpp
./src/menu/menu.cpp
./src/menu/menu_load.cpp
./src/menu/menu_main.cpp
./src/od-joy.cpp
./src/sdlgfx.cpp
./src/sound.cpp
./src/vkbd/vkbd.cpp
./src/zfile.cpp
./src/config.h
./src/include/audio.h
./src/include/autoconf.h
./src/include/drawing.h
./src/include/events.h
./src/include/memory.h
./src/include/options.h
./src/include/sound.h
./src/include/sysdeps.h
./src/include/uae.h
./src/include/xwin.h
./src/include/zfile.h
./src/linetoscr.h
./src/m68k/m68k_intrf.h
./src/menu/menu.h
./src/menu/msg.h

We would have to debug (huge logs) for detecting the problem.

Can you compile and run your uae4all under Windows or GNU/Linux?

How do I save progress in games ? Are save states in uae4all ? For example how do I save game in Cannon Fodder (great game) ?

BadKarma posted on Oct 24 2006 at 10:25 PM said:
How do I save progress in games ? Are save states in uae4all ? For example how do I save game in Cannon Fodder (great game) ?
You can't at the moment. Cannon Fodder has a code system to access levels from what I can remember.

sbock posted on Oct 23 2006 at 11:33 PM said:
Brilliant!

Thanks for the news, chui...

Regards,
Stephan

:lol:

flipping eck, i hadn't realized how far Amiga emulation had/has come

looks awesome!

GnoStiC posted on Oct 28 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
hmmm.. with this new core and etc, i guess it'll be harder for me to beat uae4all :}

Hey, don't be depressed!

The Amiga emu was one of the MAIN reasons I moved up from gp32 to the gp2x and I was very excited to see that you went ahead and put together an Amiga emu. I am very greatful for Critical's emu, but as you know he must not have had a lot of time to work on it since there hasn't been a new version in quite some time (I see you post here Critical, so I know you haven't given up on your emu). So, when you came out with a new one I was very suprised and glad another developer was actively working on an Amiga emu again!

Now Chui's new uae4all with the new 6800 core was another big suprise. From the YouTube video he posted of it running on a gp2x it looks amazing! I'm sure you could get the source code if you want to try it in your emu?

Here are some features I'm looking for in any Amiga emu. I would like to be able to save state in an Amiga emu so I could play things like "Rocket Ranger" and save my game anytime. I know Critical said he had save states working but he wanted to clean it up first or something. Maybe you could add save states too? Another feature that would be great would be for me to be able to mount up to about 4 disks at a time. With games like "It Came from the Desert" that would be great and I wouldn't have to switch disks.

I'd like to say thanks again GnoStiC and Critical on your work on the Amiga emus! I think it was Squidge who originally started playing around with an Amiga emu port for the gp2x when I had my gp32 and I decided I had to get a gp2x!

Thanks for making my dream a reality - I look forward to using your emus in the future!

GnoStiC posted on Oct 28 2006 at 11:58 PM said:
hmmm.. with this new core and etc, i guess it'll be harder for me to beat uae4all :}
You do an more compatible Amigas support (AGA, Hardfiles support...) and this one is A500 compatible only. 2 Amiga emul for more fun :D

Redeeman posted on Oct 29 2006 at 09:33 AM said:
chui posted on Oct 28 2006 at 11:44 AM said:
Huxley posted on Oct 25 2006 at 12:01 AM said:
Wow at keep up the good work guys. Can't wait to see the results :)

Show it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug5P1HPY5Lo

Or download video (better quality):
http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/downloads.p...08&act=down
what clock speed is this at?
At 250MHz

what is the nature of the problems with compiling with gcc 4.x? if you would like i could lend a hand :)

Redeeman posted on Oct 29 2006 at 10:46 AM said:
what is the nature of the problems with compiling with gcc 4.x? if you would like i could lend a hand :)
Really FameC compiles without errors but not works properly when uae4all runs.
I dont know it exactly what happen, i think that its a problem with signed/unsigned variables.

Hi,

I've added Chui's FAME C core and a few other things (the MMU hack from squidge, for example).

It performs so much better, and the sound quality is great. Chui Chui Rocket! ;)

The file has been uploaded to the file archive here, but it must wait for approval. You can get it and try it out at http://www.vividvillage.com/. The new version is 0.6.0.

Chui put a lot of work into this, and I hope people will enjoy the fruit of his labours. He has a paypal link in his signature block, and at the top of his website here: http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/index.html

THANKS CHUI

Back