Release UAE4All 2.0

Regarding the appeal of tv out, if your comment was correct then no one would be asking for tv out cables for emulators and all :)

For me the advantage of tv out is obvious, especially once you tried it: when you are travelling carrying only your pandora is enough. No need to bring my laptop anymore for gaming. Even at home the pandora is instantly on, has the right controls to enjoy a quick game on TV. Its just like the amiga was: plug and play. We should know that convenience always trump the rest :)

Last edited by a moderator:
about my previous point a)

I still use adf and know about the skipping function but consider the case of a game with 3 disks and 4 savefiles, you get 7 slots displayed for a single game. It becomes tedious to scroll down everytime.

One option would be to hide savefiles and display nothing but adfs.

One more request: display if a savestate exists already or not when you are saving. There is no warning currently.

about my previous point a)

I still use adf and know about the skipping function but consider the case of a game with 3 disks and 4 savefiles, you get 7 slots displayed for a single game. It becomes tedious to scroll down everytime.

One option would be to hide savefiles and display nothing but adfs.

One more request: display if a savestate exists already or not when you are saving. There is no warning currently.
Noted.

I would guess, that the Problem with the TVout is the resolution of 320x270 here. This is no normal 4:3 aspect. As the Pandorascreen is 800x480, the tvout always squeezes the 800x480 into a 4:3 aspect. If you had (not aspect correct) fullscreenmode on the Pandora, which uses the full 800x480 pixel, you would have a correct 4:3 aspect on tvout.
On Pandora you can have the (non aspect correct) fullscreen mode - but I assume that doesn't translate to the tv-out output.

I think notaz' scaling functions only apply to the Pandora's lcd.

Or do the uae4all-display settings affect the output on tv, ekianjo?

For those of us without TV cables, I'm placing my vote for highres modes, just to make Workbench a bit less cluttered!! ;)

If it does than you can get the correct aspect ratio - press [L]+[R]+dpad left to decrease the width of the displayed gfx (or just decrease the value for "screen width" in display settings menu).

They sat on-top as long as I still had an idea what I could try but sadly I'm now out of ideas as to how to fix them. :(

Chui added savestates (by using Toni Wilen's code) to his uae4all.

The anonymous engineer added aga+hd-support to the Symbian version of uae4all. For this he changed an older FAME/C version and added a lot to it (incl. 68020-emulation) but he didn't implement savestates.

I tried to combine both but only could manage to save states - restoring doesn't work. Of course you can contact Chui with our sourcecode and ask him for help regarding the loading of savestates.

Also maybe someone else who's porting our uae4all 2.0 to other platforms might be able to fix the issue so we can benefit from this.

I helped Chui with the Dingoo port of UAE4ALL a little while ago, just did some beta testing, etc. Would it help if I tried to contact him about Savestates?

Yes, would be great if you could do that! Maybe he's interested in having WHDLoad for his devices, too? AGA games probably won't run well on Dreamcast and Dingoo but WHDLoad is great for OCS games, too (no more disk-swapping and some even have new features like support for 2nd firebutton in Battle Squadron).

I'm sure Chui could fix savestates.

No probs, where are the latest sources posted?

Edit: Found them!

Evening

I am not too sure if this is the place to put this,

I am having a little issue with booting from an HDF file. I have created an HDF file using Winuae everything works on my pc, but as soon as I tried to boot uae4all from this image uae4all tells me that there is no DOS disk in DH0.

Is there a setting I am missing in Winuae?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

I think I remember something being said before about a maximum hdf size, but you can add another directory with all your games etc seem least into it?

(null)

Evening

I am not too sure if this is the place to put this,

I am having a little issue with booting from an HDF file. I have created an HDF file using Winuae everything works on my pc, but as soon as I tried to boot uae4all from this image uae4all tells me that there is no DOS disk in DH0.

Is there a setting I am missing in Winuae?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

The fact you are seeing the not a dos disk error and not the diskette prompt tells me your HDFs version of workbench and your kickstart may be mismatched.

Back