Uae4all Gp2x 0.7.0

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
As some of you may have noticed I was working on improving Cyclone compatibility lately. So I thought that a good way to test the accuracy is to integrate it into some amiga emulator, and uae4all was perfect for that (UAE is very picky on CPU core bugs and timing). After a lot of tweaking/bugfixing it is finally there. I originally wanted to submit this back to critical, but after some talking we decided that I should do this release.

Also, I saw GnoStiC's recent improvements and asked him to submit them too.

So here is what have been changed:
  • Cyclone integrated.
  • GnoStiC's blitter optimizations added.
  • Added switching between SDL_HWSURFACE and SDL_SWSURFACE for better performance and to avoid menu crashes.
  • SDL_Mixer removed to reduce binary size and for minor performance improvement.
  • FPS counter added (enable status line to see).
Unfortunately virtual keyboard began flickering because of SDL_HWSURFACE change, but that hopefully won't hurt too much.

The fps count increased around 70% in auto frameskip mode for me. Cyclone gave similar improvement as switching to SDL_HWSURFACE, GnoStiC's improvements did a bit less but they are still noticeable. I'm able to run Turrican at 50fps (or very near it, with RAM hacks and overclocking). I'm not sure what impact this will cause on compatibility, but several games I tested work without problems.

download
source code

Hmm, I might have to find a copy of cannon fodder, and maybe some other games to check this out :D

Good work once again Notaz, and thanks GnoStiC!

Oh Boy!!

There I hit refresh in the browser over and over again, and nothing happens. Then I thought it's only wednesday evening and people got to work tomorrow so won't post news at the moment and then ... WOAH, heart attack!! .. uae4all got updated, wooooo!!

Gonna give this a try right away! :) :) :)

"SunSpire"

Good to hear GnoStiC has not disappeared forever. Thanks notaz & GnoStiC - one *big* step ahead to archieve quality emulation. I wonder if it runs Megalomania now (crashed before) :D

Incredible o_O

No comments Notaz.................. ^_________^

I am going to test it just right now :D

Aaaagghh! Just when my GP2X is gone! Hopefully I'll get my "new" MK1 today. This is going straight to my SD! Can't wait! I'm cumming already.

Im still having backwards left and rght sholder buttons

---maybe not i just realised the data didnt copy to my sd

Wow. Just wow. Never got into the Amiga scene much, but I've been looking forward to... anyone up for making some even more enticing Youtube vids?

Games recommended?

Tobriand said:
Wow. Just wow. Never got into the Amiga scene much, but I've been looking forward to... anyone up for making some even more enticing Youtube vids?

Games recommended?
I will make video as soon as I get my hands on a GP2X!

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty said:
Miika said:
I will make video as soon as I get my hands on a GP2X!
What happened to your' old one?

Sold it to this guy, and traded my DS lite for an MK1 that clocks 300+ MHz + 200 norwegian krone :)
Hopefully it will arrive in my postbox today :D

Oh dear it seems I don't have the required overdumped 512k kickstart rom. Does 2.0 work? The docs seem to suggest it won't.

craigix said:
Oh dear it seems I don't have the required overdumped 512k kickstart rom. Does 2.0 work? The docs seem to suggest it won't.
PM'd ;)

Tobriand said:

Games recommended?

Blood Money please :D :)

Back