Mame Gp2x 4.1

WOW!!!!

I was just thinking the other day, when some new romsets would be added, and you guys answered my prayers....great work!

DSR

Rivroner said:
I have verified all new romsets but with new samples is imposible to find panic.zip :D
I only can find panic samples in wav format and using a wav2sam format program to convert them is not working :(

Have someone found panic sam files that are well verified with the dat file?

panic.zip is the sample for space panic? o_O

Thank you.
Same here. I cant find a valid sample set for panic or dkongjr anywhere. Even when i convert wav2sam they still dont register as valid with the dats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yorper said:
Rivroner said:
I have verified all new romsets but with new samples is imposible to find panic.zip :D
I only can find panic samples in wav format and using a wav2sam format program to convert them is not working :(

Have someone found panic sam files that are well verified with the dat file?

panic.zip is the sample for space panic? o_O

Thank you.
Same here. I cant find a valid sample set for panic or dkongjr anywhere. Even when i convert wav2sam they still dont register as valid with the dats.

Now at least i get the panic sample thanks to Slaanesh :)
dkongjr sample was very difficult but after a couple of hours looking for it it was in this same archive in the gp32 section :D

For people looking for all the new and verified romsets and samples for 4.1 you can find it at the usual gp2x torrents site.

It's really cool seeing wardner on a handheld, it has some graphic corruption though making it a bit unplayable, I guess that was just the state of the driver in .35?

craigix said:
It's really cool seeing wardner on a handheld, it has some graphic corruption though making it a bit unplayable, I guess that was just the state of the driver in .35?
I have not seen that graphic problem.Have you set 100 % video in config? Maybe is that or maybe i am blind :D

Yes i have it set to 100% using dr.z80 version.

On level 2 the bats vanish when they try to swoop down, sometimes the treasure chests graphics get stuck on the sprite later etc.

There are some hacks that need to be implemented but I haven't done so (yet) which may cure some of these problems.

The hacks were in the driver I used but I commented them out as there were some unimplemented support functions in the MAME core. I'll see if I can get them in so that Wardner is better.

Hello slaanesh
Did you see the thread from the 4.0 version about rotating the control 90 degrees. It could be useful for games that has the screen rotated 90 degrees but the controls are still normal, which makes it difficult to control.
Thank you for all your good work

claus said:
Hello slaanesh
Did you see the thread from the 4.0 version about rotating the control 90 degrees. It could be useful for games that has the screen rotated 90 degrees but the controls are still normal, which makes it difficult to control.
Thank you for all your good work
Games that can be rotated should have their controls rotate along with them.

Some games, such as Passing Shot may not actually be fully working (which is why it looks they way it does).

ie. Games should always start with the correct orientation.

Gadget said:
One thing that is driving me nuts, and I don't know if anyone can help me... CLRMAME sucks ass big time... I have MAME ROMS 0.109 and no matter what I do using CLRMAME certain games just don't work. Examples are Cabal, Sonic Wings, Aerofigher 2 & 3. It's always a missing ROM file...

Anyone else have these problems?

The ROM set has changed a lot from 0.35 to 0.109... There are files that 0.35 needs that no longer exist in the 0.109 ROM set, either because better dumps have been found, or because of emulation changes.

--Zero

Ze_ro said:
Gadget said:
One thing that is driving me nuts, and I don't know if anyone can help me... CLRMAME sucks ass big time... I have MAME ROMS 0.109 and no matter what I do using CLRMAME certain games just don't work. Examples are Cabal, Sonic Wings, Aerofigher 2 & 3. It's always a missing ROM file...

Anyone else have these problems?

The ROM set has changed a lot from 0.35 to 0.109... There are files that 0.35 needs that no longer exist in the 0.109 ROM set, either because better dumps have been found, or because of emulation changes.

--Zero

Even with an old 0.61 ROM Set (I'm glad, that I keept this) I couldn't get Sonic Wings and Aerofigher 2 & 3 to work after rebuilding. ^^""

Some games are broken in the current version (4.1): Spinmaster, Aero Fighters 1-2-3, etc. I will try to solve the problem... :(

I already played some games and it runs well, it played Pac-Man flawlessly and Final Fight with only sound lag but pretty good.

But I can't play it well because for some strange reason I can't select anything or enter games without stick-clicking and because my stick click is broken it's always pushing down and I have to pull out the stick up for it not to press down, so it keeps entering the same rom and I have great difficulty entering another game. Can anyone help me with this (also happens in Dr emulators), is there a way to disable push click?

how about pang ?

i just can`t understand that missing "pang_01.bin"

what are those *.dat files for ?
mame gp2x starts without them and there`s nothing to edit or "correct" for a specific rom .. just like pang

Maybe the rom is from an older version of mame which doesn't require that .bin, you need to convert the rom.

convert to what ?
there`s a single (maybe two) rom .. and doesn`t have that bin
how do i convert the rom ?
make a rom with a bin that doesn`t exist ?

here`s detailed pang

pang6.bin cpu1
pang7.bin cpu1
bb3.bin gfx1
bb5.bin gfx1
pang_09.bin gfx1
pang_11.bin gfx1
bb10.bin gfx2
bb9.bin gfx2
bb1.bin sound1

and that all ..
i might be wrong ..but please enlight me :)

same missing bin after clrmame conversion (using dat from mame gp2x 4.1)
i remember pang working in earlier 2.4 mameGp2x or something
hope it will be fixed in future releases
anyway ..thankyou Franxis :)

Back