Mame Gp2x 3.7

People who need the new romset can find it in that gp2x site of torrents ;)
If you don´t know what i am saying you can PM me and i will help you.
Yes, i have made a torrent with a weigth of 442 KB :D

What would be *really* cool, but will never happen, would be emulation of TX-1. Now that was a serious arcade racing game. I use to love playing that on Brighton pier. The sound was awesome.

How cool would it look with three mini screens spread across the GP2X's display...

I seem to remember such classic arcade hacks as SF2:Turbo Blackbelt etc. using the same hardware, is it just a case of replacing the zip and they run?

I seem to remember such classic arcade hacks as SF2:Turbo Blackbelt etc. using the same hardware, is it just a case of replacing the zip and they run?
Generally no, as each file within the ZIP has a CRC check. If it fails, it doesn't load. There are of course exceptions to this rule and the driver can be configured to ignored checksums.
The main reason why ZIPPED roms don't load is because of the names of the files are different. In the case of arcade hacks I'm not entirely sure. I've seen some ROMs load despite checksum errors.

Last edited by a moderator:
i just enconter some problem with this roms: maze hunter (mazeh.zip), Pool (pool.zip), Billard (billard.zip)
i have tried with normal and compatible executable with 100% video and audio.
message "Unable to initialize machine emulation". I have this error with version 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7 but this roms worked great with version 3.3 and older. are there change in this romset between old and newer version?

Generally no, as each file within the ZIP has a CRC check. If it fails, it doesn't load. There are of course exceptions to this rule and the driver can be configured to ignored checksums.
The main reason why ZIPPED roms don't load is because of the names of the files are different. In the case of arcade hacks I'm not entirely sure. I've seen some ROMs load despite checksum errors.

You can have the file io ignore crc errors in the loading process. PalmMAME did that for ages until I found where it was hidden and fixed it.

CRC errors are ignored if the rom names match to the expected ones.
If the file names do not match to the original romset, then the emulator tries to load the roms from the ZIP file by CRC, if it has not success, then a fatal error is reported and the emulator does not continue...

i just enconter some problem with this roms: maze hunter (mazeh.zip), Pool (pool.zip), Billard (billard.zip)
i have tried with normal and compatible executable with 100% video and audio.
message "Unable to initialize machine emulation". I have this error with version 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7 but this roms worked great with version 3.3 and older. are there change in this romset between old and newer version?
I have tried all these games and they run ok for me. Maybe your SD card has corrupted your roms? Anybody else can try those games also? Thanks.

sf2 running better...always nice to see improvements :)

just a few more sound and gfx fixes and it should be 100% :)

Thanks again Franxis!

Back