Mame Gp2x 3.7

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X, with next changes:

- New playable games added by Pepe_Faruk (joserod@ya.com) (MAME 0.35b11):
Ambush (ambush), Galivan - Cosmo Police (set 1) (galivan), Galivan - Cosmo Police (set 2) (galivan2)
Dangar - Ufo Robo (set 1) (dangar), Dangar - Ufo Robo (set 2) (dangar2), Dangar - Ufo Robo (bootleg) (dangarb)
- Updated the ClrMAME Pro DAT with the latest romsets.
- Some compatibility fixes in the DrZ80 core.
- Some changes to get better timing and sound.
- Video Sync Off option works again.

Download it here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Excellent. Trying it now. I can see the difference in Final Fight with Video Sync Off, I can get 64FPS! :)

Just wondering if there are additional games working in the FAST MAME executable with the changes to DrZ80?

Excellent. Trying it now. I can see the difference in Final Fight with Video Sync Off, I can get 64FPS! :)

Just wondering if there are additional games working in the FAST MAME executable with the changes to DrZ80?

I haven't tested it properly, but some old games like Pacman runs... and it didn't work before... I think some more games will be playable, but i dunno...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a ton, Franxis. This is one fantastic port of MAME. I love the screen rotation and scaling options. Pretty much all the games I loved as a kid play extremely well.

Certainly one of the "must have" applications for the GP2X.

I'm probably retarded, but my net karma doesn't seem to let me find any list or somesuch of what games/sytems are emulated. So, I'll just ask: System 16 (sega), specifically OutRun? Yes/No?

Oh, my geep is back from the evil repair people! Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

Nevermind me, I *am* retarded. I might bother checking the actual archive, no? :)

I'll rephrase that, then - Is there concievable future in which outrun and its ilk will be playable? Just a question, mind, not any kind of "Uh, U Suck, Me Want Outrun" type of thing :)

I'm probably retarded, but my net karma doesn't seem to let me find any list or somesuch of what games/sytems are emulated. So, I'll just ask: System 16 (sega), specifically OutRun? Yes/No?

Nevermind me, I *am* retarded. I might bother checking the actual archive, no? :)

I'll rephrase that, then - Is there concievable future in which outrun and its ilk will be playable? Just a question, mind, not any kind of "Uh, U Suck, Me Want Outrun" type of thing :)

Download the emulator and see the gamelist.txt file...

No, Out Run is not supported.

Ok, I'll rephrase my Final Fight question since it always seems to get lost amongst other posts (or ignored) .. can anyone remember which was the last mame version that let you get past the continue screen?

Ok, I'll rephrase my Final Fight question since it always seems to get lost amongst other posts (or ignored) .. can anyone remember which was the last mame version that let you get past the continue screen?
About the same time that the graphics on the continue screen got screwed up.

Honestly, your best bet, if you are interested in fixing this, is to grab the old versions and find out which version was working, post the information and then the developers can have a look at what changed on the next version.

I'm not 100% sure but I seem to recall first seeing the problem when the MMU hack was implemented. I will gladly do some testing if someone can point me to where the older versions can be found.

Awesome, thanks again for the great work.

If you get a chance though the samples in DKjr is a bit odd, when you land after a jump it lets out a "beep". When you first start a DK or DKJR the sample on the opening sequence is garbled the first time (it has done this for many versions). Also the bug where the sound cuts out after loading a few roms then locks up on exit is back.

Great emu, thanks again.

I'm not sure if this was fixed in the last version, but the sound is now fixed in Battle Zone :D Yay!!

Download the emulator and see the gamelist.txt file...

No, Out Run is not supported.

Playing the original arcade versions of Outrun or Pole Position on my GP2X would be a heavenly Xmas present

Playing the original arcade versions of Outrun or Pole Position on my GP2X would be a heavenly Xmas present
Well I've tried to get Pole Postion across (from version 0.36rc2), but I'm just getting a black screen. I think it's something wrong with the way interupts are handled; there were some changes made in this area between 0.34 and 0.36. I may need to get some help.

I've also tried getting Dragon Spirit, Galaga 88 and Splatterhouse, but I've run against a brick wall here too as it requires a CPU that I thought would be easy to implement but actually is not.

What else? That's right, I've tried to get Wardner across - this one actually starts up and goes through the hugely long self test and then gets a black screen. :-/

Ourtun hey? I'll have a look; it works great on the Zodiac so I know the GP2x has the grunt.

Ourtun hey? I'll have a look; it works great on the Zodiac so I know the GP2x has the grunt.

*Shrieks like an 8 year old girl*

I was always under the impression that Outrun was asking too much. Good luck with it if you give it a shot! Probably my favorite arcade game, and definitely gets the most play time on my PC MAME.

Well I've tried to get Pole Postion across (from version 0.36rc2), but I'm just getting a black screen. I think it's something wrong with the way interupts are handled; there were some changes made in this area between 0.34 and 0.36. I may need to get some help.

I've also tried getting Dragon Spirit, Galaga 88 and Splatterhouse, but I've run against a brick wall here too as it requires a CPU that I thought would be easy to implement but actually is not.

What else? That's right, I've tried to get Wardner across - this one actually starts up and goes through the hugely long self test and then gets a black screen. :-/

Thanks a lot for your effort, Pole Position would be perfect (it is about memories, holidays at the french riviera), anyway, I will never forget that you are the guy who brought the the samples to Phoenix (to gp32 and indirectly to GP2X).

Outrun works fine on the Zodiac, maybe I should buy one, I guess this is one of the last handhelds that is missing in my collection.

Back