Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

This is nice, too:
Adventus said:
I made some progress so i made a quick video showing you the basic gameplay.

You can see it here: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHi3YT3xuE

Changes:
- Combo System, The number of points each kill produces depends on: The number of kills this projectile has already made, the number of kills without letting an enemy past and a "Tricky" factor.
- 3 enemy varieties.
- Various graphics.
- Blood.

Looks good why not make low poly 3d characters of them?
I considered doing this but i think the only improvement would be gained in the animation department. I've also got absolutely no skill at modelling.

Last edited by a moderator:
OVER8000exclamationmark.png

[edit] The day's stats weren't quite tallied at that point, actual total was 9,131.

Looks like there is a backlog in terms of updating the unofficial blog. Could it be updated to include info about the CNC being ordered on Monday and the dimensions of Pandora stylus (the important news pieces that are missing on the blog still for some reason).

We could do MWeston a favor and put this on the blog
MWeston said:
Firstly, the CPU is a 900 MHz Cortex A8 which has actually been underclocked to 600 MHz.

WRONG!

It's a 600MHz CPU that seems to do well at up to 900MHz under the circumstances it has found itself in the hands of Pandora devs. I wish this particular inaccurate fact could be remedied once and for all. For all we know TI could change the silicon three months from now and suddenly all chips fail at 650MHz. I don't see that happening but it is worth noting.

Hmm. I agree that misconceptions like these need to be stamped out, but I don't know that the blog is going to do it. Also, I'd be hesitant to quote a source as saying "For all we know TI could change the silicon three months from now and suddenly all chips fail at 650MHz." We know what MW is saying, but we also know how quickly the rumour mill gets out of hand. ("Wait - future TI chips could fail at 650?!"). We'd be replacing one misconception with another.

I think the only way to get the facts straight is through an official press release. This man speaks the truth:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?act=f...&pid=695523

I think there should be an "Introducing Pandora" press release sent out when mass production begins. It would contain several concise paragraphs summing up the development history and capabilities of the system, the spec list, interview invitations, and perhaps the offer of a review unit (loan).

A well written press release enables lazy journalists to copy & paste straight into their CMS. And there is no shortage of such journalists. I've got some background in this area, and I wonder if it's worth drafting something up to give the team a starting point. This idea has met resistance in the past, but things have changed...

Chip said:
Trevor Bradley said:
I don't believe we've heard anything official about assembly time. It would be nice to get an "official guestimate" of the between batch time, double or triple it, sleep on that data and make my decision from there.
Official guestimate: Four to six weeks from the first to the last of the first batch Pandoras. Give or take a couple weeks for testing and tweaking the assembly process.

Once the manufacturing process is 100% nailed down (2nd batch onwards) the plant can make ~5000 per month, though they can only make them as fast as we can get parts. Second batch will probably start up about two months after the first is finished (again, depending on parts availability).

So at least 3-4 weeks before first batch starts, 4-6 weeks after that it finishes, then ~8 weeks until the 2nd batch starts. If you want a Pandora soon, order from the first batch. Otherwise you'll be waiting a while.

Jupiter Broadcasting talked about the Pandora today a little. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFebK4g7V1I

craigix said:
We are working on getting another round of consoles out to devs (cased in some cases, ah see what i did there? Lame.) so you will still see new stuff before the launch.

Right now there is a good cross section of working software and it's very hard work to get all this running in a neat and tidy way, it's better I think to get the current set up looking superb rather than start hacking on more advanced stuff right now.

EvilDragon said:
fusion_power said:
They also could use the time to finish the final and printed keyboard-rubber-mat, I'm sure this can be made parallel with the CNC Case...or do we have to wait untill the CNC Case is finished? Protective Case and TV Cable would be also a nice additional feature, there is no time to waste I think and I haven't spotted anything like a final pic of these things. ^_^
We're already working on the keymat since last week, don't worry ;)
Also, we're researching about the TV Out cable production, so this is also covered.
But there's not much to show ;)

Chip said:
More On Topic, when is the final keymat prototype supposed to be done? Is there going to be a final keymat prototype? Or was that other keymat the prototype that passed and you have ordered 400-4000?
The keymat is finalized and the manufacturer is already making up the molds for mass production.

Back