Usb Host

yalborap

Website
www.geocities.com
So, I've been looking at various emulatey handhelds, and my final decision comes down between the simple and less expensive effectiveness of the Wiz, and the do-it-all nature of the Pandora. Ignoring issues of final release quality remaining to be seen for the moment, one thing that nibbles at my psyche is the issue of USB host.

Back on the GP2X, it took until a bulky cradle was finally released for USB host to be within the range of normal folk. What's the status this time? Will we have to wait years for another cradle? Will they slap 99% the same hardware into a Wiz-compatible case and have 'em out the door within weeks? Or will we get a nice convenient cable with TV-Out and USB host and all that right on it?

Thanks for any info you guys could offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt GPH's main concern is USB host currently. They'll probably wait a good while to release a Wiz cradle, though saying that, the Wiz network adapter has a USB port on it so maybe it doubles up as a host port.

Actually there's something in the pipeline, but I am not allowed to say anything more than that.

'yalborap' said:
Or will we get a nice convenient cable with TV-Out and USB host and all that right on it?
That would be really nice, one cable with both funtions.

'Prophet' said:
'yalborap' said:
Or will we get a nice convenient cable with TV-Out and USB host and all that right on it?
That would be really nice, one cable with both funtions.

I would certainly love one, especially since my main reason for wanting USB host to begin with is being able to turn the thing into a tiny console via some gamepads.

No it's not a cable, although the cable that comes with the Wiz doubles as a charger and USB host. But obviously no TV out on that.

'WarmFluffyUK' said:
No it's not a cable, although the cable that comes with the Wiz doubles as a charger and USB host. But obviously no TV out on that.
BUT! The cable has a nice flashing light on it!
:lol:

Back