Usb Ide Interface

Exo

Website
Visit site
goto ebuyer.com or .co.uk and enter the quick find code 43759
it comes with its own power supply for hdd/cd/dvd ( probably need USb power for adapter as well)

Gp32 with a 10 GIG HDD and CDRW would be cool :D

Also I sold my GP32 so this will probably be that last message I post unless Gamepark make the GP32 MK2

Bye

well, always nice to have someone announce their leaving instead of just disapearing
c ya
and ya, that would be cool , just need the drivers, but would be neat

~Octavious

Exo posted on Oct 25 2004 at 08:48 PM said:
goto ebuyer.com or .co.uk and enter the quick find code 43759
it comes with its own power supply for hdd/cd/dvd ( probably need USb power for adapter as well)

Gp32 with a 10 GIG HDD and CDRW would be cool :D

Also I sold my GP32 so this will probably be that last message I post unless Gamepark make the GP32 MK2

Bye

That adapter probably needs an external power supply (not the usb power) if uses a 3,5 inch hard disc.

In other post somebody puts a link of a self powered (lithium battery) usb hard disc. I think this is a better choice.

There are little usb dispositives too, similar to usb flash memories, but with a 1 inch hard disc and 2 Gb. of capacity which in my opinion is the best peripherical for use with gp32linux as an storage. (Try "kanguru zipper" at google)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did say probably be my last message I decided to check up see if anyone posted :D

just need the drivers, but would be neat
Linux already has generic IDE and CD drivers they where probably disabled for Gp32 linux

That adapter probably needs an external power supply (not the usb power) if uses a 3,5 inch hard disc.

yes It dose it comes with one I said that in my original post :p

In other post somebody puts a link of a self powered (lithium battery) usb hard disc. I think this is a better choice.

I think that was a battery powerd Hub ?

The kanguru zipper is interesting :) but for anything that new they will probably want alot more than its worth

I did not mean take a Gp32, CDRW and a hdd on the buss or anything but just for fun at home where power sockers are avalible or maybe use a large harddrive for holding GP32 movies and using linux to move the ones you want to watch to the memory card ;)

just case anyone cared, its about 120-130 right now for 2.2 gig one...

would a USB enclosure and a 2.5 inch HDD work as a USB thing for Linux?

~Octavious

Back