Value of Pandora

think_tanker

Still Fresh
Its incredible how much value we are getting with the Pandora. I thought I would try to express it with an image.

Re: For all the PSP fanboys

Illogical fanboyism -- it's not just for the PSP.

Yea but uh, can you thumbnail that? Stretching a 1680x1050 monitor is a feat these days.

the image gives negative image to pandora, not psp. no need to blatantly shit on other consoles.

it's not even in the same market.

acegi said:
the image gives negative image to pandora, not psp. no need to blatantly shit on other consoles.

it's not even in the same market.
+1
Yay for reason. ^_^

Meh, i enjoy my psp.
Seems liable only to piss people off.
*why cant we be friends, why cant be fiends?*

I cleaned it up for this forum. I think this is what I originally meant. I can't wait to experience it for myself next month.

A phone with 3g and cell signals... A laptop/netbook with a full, standard keyboard, real usb drive, large processor, and full ram...
and a system with many commercial games...

hmmm <_<

I think it would be more like
PANDORA = (PHONE+NOTEBOOK+PSP)/3

Still I don't think that this is appropiate since it misses the most central point of Pandora:
It's an community project and it's opensource.

Because of that it's already nothing like the other three devices.

If thats an iPod touch in that picture then I get you. Otherwise, if it's the iPhone, not so much.

Anyways, personally I don't want the Pandora as a replacement for overpriced proprietary devices that bank on the stupidity of people who buy them because they're shiny, manufactured and sold by BIG companies that are more concerned about squeezing every cent out of their market rather than giving consumers the right to use the hardware they paid for as they wish.

The iPhone, iPod touch and psp are DRM ridden, closed source, bastardisations of otherwise good technologies imo.

No. The Pandora is excellent value for those that want it's unique mix of features. That comparison fails with each of the 3 items.

sold said:
The iPhone, iPod touch and psp are DRM ridden, closed source, bastardisations of otherwise good technologies imo.

I have to agree with that statement totally...unfortunately as a tool of the marketeer (and I run a marketing company) I own all three!

Pre-ordered the Panda of course, not looked forward to a console like this since the days of the N64!

PandoraNoHako said:

By moving 3 in the left side of equation we recieve

3 * PANDORA = ( PHONE + NOTEBOOK + PSP )

So need to carry 3 ugly pandoras :D (for PSP & Nintendo DS users it is even bigger amount)

quasist said:
PandoraNoHako said:

So need to carry 3 ugly pandoras :D (for PSP & Nintendo DS users it is even bigger amount)
while math may, logic does not work that way. Pandora is partly each device.

Though I think you might want to replace the PSP with a GP2x

Yes Sold, the image has an iPod Touch, netbook running Linux and a PSP. I agree that this is so much more of a complete device them all of them combined given its "open-sourceness". I can't wait to flaunt this to all of my friends with some of those devices when it arrives next month.

Kyosys said:
quasist said:
PandoraNoHako said:

while math may, logic does not work that way. Pandora is partly each device.

Though I think you might want to replace the PSP with a GP2x

So it is really .3 * PANDORA = ( PHONE + NOTEBOOK + PSP ) ?

I couldn't help myself...

The Pandora isn't competing with these but I will agree it has most the functionality of a netbook, and the people use PSPs these days for emulation. If you had a bluetooth headset and a 3G dongle you could have a VoIP phone...

The math is very simple:

Pandora = Pandora

The code is very simple:

Pandora == Pandora

Back