Vba2x-r Updated Again

Again black screen! I am add:

selectordir=/mnt/sd/roms/gba/
selectorfilter=.gba,.zip
wrapper=true

is it need to add any parameters?

Roms with characters such as () and [] in them don't work.
So instead of having a rom named like this:
I Have A Moose (U).gbla
have it like this:
I Have A Moose.gba
I'm not ENTIRELY sure if that works, but the following should *really* work:
Ihaveamoose.gba

Ryo posted on Oct 18 2006 at 10:05 AM said:
I didn't like the icon included, so I created this one without the white background and with a little shadow.
Here it is if anyone wants to use it.
@pcklee123: feel free to use it in next releases
gbapurpleai6.png

That icon is one thousand times better, thanks!

I can play Super Mario Advance to a certain degree but it's not really what I would class as "fully playable" just yet. Silent Hill: Play Novel still doesn't load though that is possibly due to the game mechanics. This emulator is looking very promising and is a vast improvment (I think).

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh,

I can't get the emu to not segfaulting,

Do this append to somone else ??

paxl13

pcklee123:
wouldnt it be more efficient to use the ARM ASM of the bios function from gpAdvance or even better a disassembly of the GBA BIOS file?

o0o0o posted on Oct 18 2006 at 11:42 PM said:
Is there any way to use this *without* Gmenu2x?

Well, yeah .. you could write a bash script for it ... but gmenu2x is soooooo much better, and easier to set up these things.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 18 2006 at 08:51 PM said:
Well, yeah .. you could write a bash script for it ... but gmenu2x is soooooo much better, and easier to set up these things.

I tried with Gmenu2x, but all I get is a black screen. However, I don't use Gmenu2x for anything else... so maybe there's some way to select the rom before launching the application? I triple checked the paths and everything matches up. So now I'm looking toward other options.

Anyway, I thought you could do it with selector directly somehow?

o0o0o posted on Oct 19 2006 at 05:35 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 18 2006 at 08:51 PM said:

I tried with Gmenu2x, but all I get is a black screen. However, I don't use Gmenu2x for anything else... so maybe there's some way to select the rom before launching the application? I triple checked the paths and everything matches up. So now I'm looking toward other options.

Anyway, I thought you could do it with selector directly somehow?
Try to get hold of a previous version ( I think vba2xf ) it used to come configured with selector.

title=vba
icon=/mnt/sd/vba2xh/vba.png
exec=/mnt/sd/vba2xh/vba.gpe
clock=266
selectorfilter=.gba,.zip
wrapper=true

In the selector filer do i put the name of the rom i want to play?? or what.

selectorfilter= .minnishcap,.zip

Alll i get is a black screen and have checked the paths.

Normmatt posted on Oct 19 2006 at 03:06 AM said:
pcklee123:
wouldnt it be more efficient to use the ARM ASM of the bios function from gpAdvance or even better a disassembly of the GBA BIOS file?
Yes I am sure it would. However i don't know how to do it. Any suggestions e.g code snippets would be welcomed.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 18 2006 at 03:19 AM said:
Hi!

Here's my settings using gmenu2x (I highly reccomend this menu for anyone who hasn't tried it out yet):

Code:
title=vba
clock=266
selectorfilter=.gba,.zip
wrapper=true

I just adjust frameskip, sound, etc. in the VBA config file.

This emu is showing GREAT promise!! Thanks again for all your hard work, pcklee123 :D

ty for the code, I finally got it working :D but I'm kinda confused on what to change in the config e.g. to get sound, full-screen and the right frame-skip, could u please maybe copy your config in here highlighting the bits you've changed because I have absolutly no idea what Im doing :p

Did someone upload another updated version yesterday (20/10/2006) ?

crimsonnight posted on Oct 21 2006 at 01:38 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 18 2006 at 03:19 AM said:
Hi!

Here's my settings using gmenu2x (I highly reccomend this menu for anyone who hasn't tried it out yet):

Code:
title=vba
clock=266
selectorfilter=.gba,.zip
wrapper=true

I just adjust frameskip, sound, etc. in the VBA config file.

This emu is showing GREAT promise!! Thanks again for all your hard work, pcklee123 :D

ty for the code, I finally got it working :D but I'm kinda confused on what to change in the config e.g. to get sound, full-screen and the right frame-skip, could u please maybe copy your config in here highlighting the bits you've changed because I have absolutly no idea what Im doing :p

Can't someone please tell me what to change it the config to make it run more smoothly?

So you don't have to use GNUBoy as well, it's trying to make his emulator AIO , GB, GBC and GBA :D which I think is a good idea since GNUBoy isn't being updated any more.

I tried a GB Rom and GBC Rom, they both worked.

I have a question for pcklee, how high can you overclock your emulator? I try going past 220 and it freezes. However at 220 it plays at a even more playable speed than 200. I think if I overclocked to 240 I could get like 90% of real speed or even 100%.

My unit can go up to 290 MHZ so I don't know why it won't let me go past 220, or is it that the emulator has limitations?

GPM2k6 posted on Oct 29 2006 at 03:35 PM said:
So you don't have to use GNUBoy as well, it's trying to make his emulator AIO , GB, GBC and GBA :D which I think is a good idea since GNUBoy isn't being updated any more.
Is not true, K-teto is already working on it, he is busy and demotivated but he continu working ;)

Back