Vba2x-r Updated Again

GPM2k6 posted on Oct 29 2006 at 02:35 PM said:
So you don't have to use GNUBoy as well, it's trying to make his emulator AIO , GB, GBC and GBA :D which I think is a good idea since GNUBoy isn't being updated any more.

I tried a GB Rom and GBC Rom, they both worked.

I have a question for pcklee, how high can you overclock your emulator? I try going past 220 and it freezes. However at 220 it plays at a even more playable speed than 200. I think if I overclocked to 240 I could get like 90% of real speed or even 100%.

My unit can go up to 290 MHZ so I don't know why it won't let me go past 220, or is it that the emulator has limitations?
Thanks for testing the gb and gbc roms. How is the speed like?. I only try GBA at 275MHz. vba2x doesn't change the clockspeed so I don't know what is happening. Can you try it at 275MHz as well to see if it works?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try at 275 MHZ when I have time, probably tomorrow.

As for GB/GBC works great, just like GNUBoy, tried it for a few though, so I couldn't notice any problems. I will try it out fully when I have more time.

Tried at 275 MHZ and it works great :D

It seems that certain values are not accept, oh well 275 is a lot better than 250 anyway.

So you don't have to use GNUBoy as well, it's trying to make his emulator AIO , GB, GBC and GBA :D which I think is a good idea since GNUBoy isn't being updated any more.
Actually I am not doing anything with gb,gbc part at the moment but its just a side effect from visualboyadvance so its good to have if it still works. It would make the code a little smaller if I cut it out but I am not sure if its worth the effort.

pcklee123 posted on Oct 31 2006 at 12:32 AM said:
Actually I am not doing anything with gb,gbc part at the moment but its just a side effect from visualboyadvance so its good to have if it still works. It would make the code a little smaller if I cut it out but I am not sure if its worth the effort.

I have just tried the new version with the menu but the menu doesnt seem to work... at all :(

what is new in version o?
the games seem to run at the same speed with still moderately laggy controls.

plounted posted on Oct 31 2006 at 04:09 AM said:
what is new in version o?
the games seem to run at the same speed with still moderately laggy controls.
I converting the cpu core to arm asm with Normmatt's help realeasing so people can see if there is any change. I guess I still need to work on this a bit more.

Vasili Sviridov posted on Oct 31 2006 at 07:54 AM said:
How do you exit back to the selector or at least gp2xmenu? It's a bummer to powercycle every time...

press stick click + start

if your using any of the latest versions, you might have to press it a few times or hold it, as it takes a second to recognize the button. or something.

version q has about all the opcodes in asm. Now you can see a big difference in speed as you increase the fps. The video part of the emulation takes about 40ms per frame (17 per frame means full speed). So it still needs optimization in the graphics code.

version q has about all the opcodes in asm. Now you can see a big difference in speed as you increase the fps. The video part of the emulation takes about 40ms per frame (17 per frame means full speed). So it still needs optimization in the graphics code.
Little question, could you use numbers in next releases instead of letters? :p

Good job by the way :).

alright.
version q -
metalgunslinger works at about 90 with perfect controls
aria of sorrow does not work.
circle of the moon does not work
harmony of dissonacance does not work.
advance wars does not go past the title screen
klanoa does not work.

what the hell?
what happened to the compatability?

Could you use a different option to exit other than stick click? It ruins the stick and D-pad users can't exit with it.

Wario Land 4 seems to run much better in this release.
Using the default cfg file i have a near-full speed game and some basic sounds enabled.
I like the full screen feature but i think the game looks streched.Correct if i m wrong cuz i havent played a game in VBA for ages.
Pozz

alright.
version q -
metalgunslinger works at about 90 with perfect controls
aria of sorrow does not work.
circle of the moon does not work
harmony of dissonacance does not work.
advance wars does not go past the title screen
klanoa does not work.

what the hell?
what happened to the compatability?
I'll have a look at it again. must be the new asm core. What was the last version when the other games worked? unfortunately it works fine with the only rom i have so its difficult for me to test.
Can you do me a favour, I'll make a few different versions with different opcodes moved back to C if you could test them for me, it would help. (It'll take time as it takes about half an hour to compile)

Back