Vektar Froze

DaveC posted on Mar 3 2006 at 08:17 PM said:
Dzz posted on Mar 3 2006 at 10:35 PM said:
thelamer posted on Mar 3 2006 at 05:13 PM said:
I believe that the propulsion should be the left trigger and not up .

With how the stick works you want to make turning as easy as possible .
I would entertain the following idea: If you are pressing the left trigger when you start the game, it invokes the control mechanism you describe. In that case, what would up and down on the joystick do? Also, right now, down on the joystick is a brake. What would trigger the brake in this alternate scheme?

Furthermore, would it be better in this alternate scheme to treat the diagonals (like up-left) as a half-speed turn or just lump all left-like movements together as left?

You could use my "case 2" bias for the joystick as it is too easy to hit a diagonal.

You could also make the controls configurable. You don't need a fancy GUI to do it just a txt file that you could edit would be fine. I would like more "asteroids" type controls that used buttons for thrust.

Yeah that might work too . Because as is Every time I turn right the burner kiscks on .

Last edited by a moderator:
thelamer posted on Mar 3 2006 at 08:27 PM said:
Yeah that might work too . Because as is Every time I turn right the burner kiscks on .
Ok, thanks guys, i was planning on doing that. Originally i thought that the "almost right" and "almost left" settings could have small amounts of thrust or brake but it seems it makes it too hard to just turn.

Sitting still will not be such a good idea in the future, so it wouldn't be quite as important but it's frustrating when you want to have the control do something but it's too finicky to do it successfully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back