Vga Cables And Pandora Carry Case

Dead1nside said:
I think we'd all have liked a high quality digital output but as WizardStan pointed out, it just wasn't possible with the OMAP3 we're using.

On my Pandora 2 wishlist though.
You can have it with OMAP4. Let's see if something cool comes out based on that beast.

EDIT:
Asmo said:
A problem then is the aspect ratio. If you want the TV out to make use of all the available screen area on either a 4:3 or 16:9 TV display, it won't match the aspect ratio on the Pandora's screen.
That's aside from numerous other impediments vis-a-vis analogue signals on 'modern' TVs.
I don't think I've ever seen a modern (read: flatscreen) TV that didn't have an aspect ratio button on the remote.

Last edited by a moderator:
weve seen the videos of pandora cables hooked up to a tv playing games from the pandora already. it looked good to me.

zhasha said:
I don't think I've ever seen a modern (read: flatscreen) TV that didn't have an aspect ratio button on the remote.

Yes, but the Pandora's screen is neither 4:3 nor 16:9, so if you want it to make use of the entire screen area it won't be the aspect ratio that appears on the Pandora itself.

Asmo said:
Yes, but the Pandora's screen is neither 4:3 nor 16:9, so if you want it to make use of the entire screen area it won't be the aspect ratio that appears on the Pandora itself.
I have a 32" TV, and I think I'll survive the 1.05367" difference it will make in height from stretching the picture to the full 1366x768.

zhasha said:
Asmo said:
I have a 32" TV, and I think I'll survive the 1.05367" difference it will make in height from stretching the picture to the full 1366x768.

You'll also have to contend with (extra) scaling artefacts.

Asmo said:
zhasha said:
Asmo said:

That's true, but given how horrifyingly bad it already looks scaled (at least on my screen), I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference anyway.

zhasha said:
Asmo said:
That's true, but given how horrifyingly bad it already looks scaled (at least on my screen), I doubt I'll be able to tell the difference anyway.

Maybe we could market a pair of CRT SIMULATOR glasses. Slight blur with simulated raster lines. Get that classic gaming look on a modern screen. Preorders now open. Do not wear while driving.

Or if you don't like wearing them, a 4:3 TV mask for 16:9 TVs. Stick it on your display and PRESTO! No wasted screen area, no need for scaling!

DaveC said:
Actually I have thought from the beginning that the lack of any HD output such as VGA or component video was a big mistake.
You can do a mistake only if you are given a choice. Therefore it wasn't a mistake at all, because a choice wasn't possible.

Asmo said:
Maybe we could market a pair of CRT SIMULATOR glasses. Slight blur with simulated raster lines. Get that classic gaming look on a modern screen. Preorders now open. Do not wear while driving.
CRT-glasses.png

Attachments

• CRT-glasses.png
    CRT-glasses.png
    106.6 KB · Views: 120
Yes! Deluxe model should have a rotating propeller in the nose area, at a speed that accurately simulates screen flicker too. Nothing but the best.

cosurgi said:
taras said:
I thought it was meant to be a handheld/portable console...
:)
I've never seen a console with vga output, have you?
So it's good that with sisusb we can have vga an pandora.
What I was trying to imply was that monitor outputs aren't exactly the point of a handheld, portable games console. If I want to do Pandora stuff on a big screen, I can do it on my desktop PC! :)

Back