Vice 2.0 (25 Jul 2008) Released

vice20_x64-4 (x64 only)

added key mapping;
1)
you can assign joystick up/down/left/right to A Y X buttons ..
(B is reserved for fire, shoulder L R are reserved for virtual keyboard and status bar)

keymaps are not saved at the moment.
joystick left exits the keymapping menu.
start resets the current assignment.

2)
when virtual keyboard is on display,
if you press A or X on a key, it assigns that key to it.
if you press A or X on a empty spot, it removes the assignment.
(B is reserved for press, Y is reserved SHIFT+press)

GnoStiC said:
vice20_x64-4 (x64 only)

added key mapping;
1)
you can assign joystick up/down/left/right to A Y X buttons ..
(B is reserved for fire, shoulder L R are reserved for virtual keyboard and status bar)

keymaps are not saved at the moment.
joystick left exits the keymapping menu.
start resets the current assignment.

2)
when virtual keyboard is on display,
if you press A or X on a key, it assigns that key to it.
if you press A or X on a empty spot, it removes the assignment.
(B is reserved for press, Y is reserved SHIFT+press)

Again GREAAAATT STUFFFF.

However though I dont want to sound like Im constantly asking for improvements I have one last issue with the keymapping.

I just tried Nemesis and I cant find the shift key on the virtual keyboard. Ive never noticed before because Ive been using frodo.
If shift was on the keyboard not only could you assign it to a button but you could free up "Y" button. Pressing shift and a key could be done by selecting shift first then a button. Either that or have Y set as shift no matter if the VKeyboard is on or off

Forgive me id I ask for too many things :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
i've added left shift & right shift to virtual keyboard but didn't test it.. can you? :rolleyes:

No response from right shift.

No response if you select left shift however it seems there is a left shift response right next to the C=

I've tested a few games now and it really seems that "up" and "down" are mixed up when using an USB joystick. Can anybody cinfirm this?

Regards,
Stephan

GnoStiC said:
my bad, sorry :)
updated the file; updated-5

can you try this one?

foleyjo said:
No response from right shift.
No response if you select left shift however it seems there is a left shift response right next to the C=

Works fine now. The only problems that anyone could really have with the emulator now are with games that have different joystick setups and that need lots of keys (Skool Daze, Spy hunter)

For those interest in speed of this current version I just tried nemesis at 200MHZ with No Frame Skip, fakesid. With lots of sprites on screen and the music on I got 100% at 50FPS. Te lowest it went was 99%

@blacky - Does Vice support DFI'S

sbock said:
I've tested a few games now and it really seems that "up" and "down" are mixed up when using an USB joystick. Can anybody cinfirm this?

Regards,
Stephan

Confirmed

On the plus side I got my Cradle working again

Flimbos Quest runs Full Speed No frame Skip

I tryed the Gnostic version after update vice with fixed version but the only one that work for me is the first release. The oders versions get only a black screen, is it a known issue?

paradroid said:
I tryed the Gnostic version after update vice with fixed version but the only one that work for me is the first release. The oders versions get only a black screen, is it a known issue?

If you get the first download on this thread and then replace the X64 with the last one posted by Gnostic a couple of posts back then it should work.

I just tried this and compared to Frodo.

The sound on this seems much lower volume than what I can get in Frodo and the sound delay is there.

It is more compatible though and runs many things Frodo doesn't. I can still see using both for some things.

DaveC said:
I just tried this and compared to Frodo.

The sound on this seems much lower volume than what I can get in Frodo and the sound delay is there.

It is more compatible though and runs many things Frodo doesn't. I can still see using both for some things.
What game did you get the sound delay on because Ive tried a few and have not had any delay

Bug Report:

Scaling seems to be broken.

I can confirm that the volume is a little bit low even on the F-200.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
Regards,
Stephan
I'd wish all emulators/games would have the same low volume on my F200 as Vice.

b_o_b said:
sbock said:
Regards,
Stephan
I'd wish all emulators/games would have the same low volume on my F200 as Vice.

It is TOO low though. I have to max it out just to hear it well. It would be nice to be able to turn it up louder, you don't have to turn it up loud you know.

foleyjo said:
What game did you get the sound delay on because Ive tried a few and have not had any delay
Anything that when you press the button it makes a sound right away. I tried Skramble. The shot sound, explosion etc lags behind.

DaveC said:
Anything that when you press the button it makes a sound right away. I tried Skramble. The shot sound, explosion etc lags behind.
Just tried Skramble and I didn't get any lag.

Are you using Fast or Realsid? I use fast.

Did you defiantly copy all the new vice files from the first link and the newest X64?. I know you probably have but when I first got the new version X64 didn't overwrite.

Ive not come across any sound lag. I have had slight pausing on a couple of games but thats solved by a higher clock rate

foleyjo said:
DaveC said:
Just tried Skramble and I didn't get any lag.

Are you using Fast or Realsid? I use fast.

Did you defiantly copy all the new vice files from the first link and the newest X64?. I know you probably have but when I first got the new version X64 didn't overwrite.

Ive not come across any sound lag. I have had slight pausing on a couple of games but thats solved by a higher clock rate

yeah I had some performance issues at first when I just threw the new x64 in my installation of 1.21 and the sounds was perfect when I copied everything from the full 2.0 release and then copied gnostics x64 file.

I've been using hero as my test. some definite sound lag before but now when i shoot the laser i hear the sound immediately

Back