Vice2x 1.21 + Dtv Emulation

Miika said:
It throws me back to the menu if I have a joystick connected!
Ive had no problem with usb joystick. might be something to do with the type of joystick used.

Also just played batman the movie and there was non of this stopping stuff going on with the fastsid engine however as soon as I put realSID on I started getting it so I think to find this problem the sid engine needs to be concentrated on

I think this is now my fave c64 emulator

Last edited by a moderator:
GnoStiC said:
a wip version:
x64 2007/07/12

1) cpu speed in -+5 mhz steps
if you change cpu speed too fast, it sometimes crashes

That's fast! Thank you so very much, just tested it and seems to work great!

Another request, if it's not too much work, is it possible to add fast scrolling through files (like picodrive and other emulators)?
I've got lots of c64 games and finding one can take a while ;)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>
b._.o._.b said:
</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Another request, if it's not too much work, is it possible to add fast scrolling through files (like picodrive and other emulators)?
I've got lots of c64 games and finding one can take a while ;)

push stick left or right to fast scroll

Just realised theres no Shift button on the virtual keyboard. Is there another way to press this

and one more thing the reset option seems to have stopped working with this new wip version

foleyjo said:
push stick left or right to fast scroll
Thanks, unbelievable I didn't figure that out myself :blink:

Just incase you missed it in the other thread a delay has been spotted on the sound on any game no matter what settings are used. Only appears on the newest vice version

thanks for letting me know foleyjo..

i've a newer version without the sound lag, actually we now have a menu where you can select sound engine, latecy, sid model, buffer size etc..

i'll have a small surgery this afternoon and will stay at home for a while (so i had to finish up lotsa work related stuff before this gap).. but hopefully i'll have more time to work on vice2x/uae2x..

i'll have a small surgery this afternoon and will stay at home for a while (so i had to finish up lotsa work related stuff before this gap).. but hopefully i'll have more time to work on vice2x/uae2x..

Good luck with the surgery

Perhaps I should have posted in this thread. Sounds like the sound lag is a known problem so I'll leave any further testing information out for now.

Good luck with your surgery and look forward to a new release with fantastic sound :)

GnoStiC said:

Here's to a speedy recovery, Gnostic!

Can't wait to see you back on the board. Your emulator work is simply fantastic.

Thanks,

Mac

thank you guys :)

it was something called "glomus tumor" and it's removed now.. i'm fine but i can't use my left hand efficiently at the moment due to stitches..

GnoStiC said:
a wip version:
x64 2007/07/12

1) cpu speed in -+5 mhz steps
if you change cpu speed too fast, it sometimes crashes

2) usb joystick
only one joystick at the moment

3) usb keyboard
code is there but i ran out of batteries before i could test it
disabled at the moment

4) skipping
i did some tweaks to avoid it but it was not good enough.. i'll work on it again tonight..

5) pause emu on prefs menu
i'll work on it tonight

So nice GnoStiC!!! Thank you very much!!!! I will try it.

I usually use Frodo, but I´ll try yours and tell about the results!!!

Just wondering if there is any progress or any future plans for Vice? This looked promising :)

as I understand it Gnostic had plans to update it after his operation.

Thinking about it now though I dont think Ive seen a post from him since. Hope he is OK

foleyjo said:
as I understand it Gnostic had plans to update it after his operation.

Thinking about it now though I dont think Ive seen a post from him since. Hope he is OK
Well he told us he was fine and he logged in recently. Not uncommon for devs to stay low profile for a couple of months before they release the best work ever.

I can hope can I?
;)

Just tried the test release from July on my 2X and it shows definate promise, and could mean I could get rid of Frodo from my SD card! :)

The auto frameskip seemed to work better (ie: didn't make the emulator utterly unusable... most of the time) and gave me a smoother playthrough of Exolon than 1x frameskip (my default setting for VICE on the 2X) did previously.

Sound seems to have Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more lag to it though, and be lower quality...

Hopefully that'll be a setting when the next version is properly released :)

All in all: very positive with what he's done and I really am looking forward to the next release! \o/

Back