Vice2x

Racing Destruction Set - Works
Ultimate Wizard - Works
Archon (single file version) - Works

NOT WORKING:
Adventure Construction Set
Legacy of the Ancients (this is the one I really want working)

The drive emulation is now working very well on C64, it successfully loads up a .d64 I created on a real C64 with a action replay or final cartridge loader that would refuse to run on lesser emulators.

How is the speed and sound compared to Frodo? I really don't care too much about Vic-20 so unless C-64 is better I will stick with Frodo. If this runs better I will switch to this.

Don't take me wrong, but your recent posts seem to have a rather negative approach about them. This way of constant pessimism and conemnation of not-yet-finished projects helps no one. I am not the one to judge, it just looks to me like you have been trying to make the coders stop devving for some reason....

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm if Heart of Africa works? It had a custom loader similar to Racing Destruction Set or Seven Cities of Gold

Heart of Africa - Appears to fail at the title screen with a DISK ERROR - RESTART message.

Seven Cities of Gold - Same problem as the others ... won't load with True emulation off, but errors with it on.

Mail Order Monsters - Same problem as the others.

Bard's Tale - Same problem.

Mule - Dies after character selection (load error).

I think its ALL EA games that aren't single-part cracked.

The drive emulation is now working very well on C64, it successfully loads up a .d64 I created on a real C64 with a action replay or final cartridge loader that would refuse to run on lesser emulators.

How is the speed and sound compared to Frodo? I really don't care too much about Vic-20 so unless C-64 is better I will stick with Frodo. If this runs better I will switch to this.

Don't take me wrong, but your recent posts seem to have a rather negative approach about them. This way of constant pessimism and conemnation of not-yet-finished projects helps no one. I am not the one to judge, it just looks to me like you have been trying to make the coders stop devving for some reason....

No, it just means what it says. I was wondering if the C-64 emulation for this is as good as Frodo. I use it for C-64. If the sound and speed would be better on this then I would switch if not I wouldn't. Yes I could just try it but I didn't want to mess with it if is wasn't an improvement.

Also with Vice can you run .prg files directly like in Frodo or does everything have to be on a disk image? I have alot of separate .PRG files.

Alright folks ... with a little help, we got to the bottom of it.

In the VICE/DATA folder there is a folder called DRIVES that somehow didn't make it to my SD. Or, I might have nuked it accidently (since I only keep the files around for C64 and VIC20 - I'll never have a need to use the other machines).

This appears to have solved the issues with the device dropping off, etc. Strange, only EA stuff seemed to be affected by this folder missing ...

In ANY event, this is good "lessons learned" if nothing else. I'll retest everything and get back to the thread my results - least I can do since I've been bitching the whole time :)

Now I can actually ENJOY myself - instead of obsessing about it :)

Thanks all.

Back