Certified Guru
New release of VICE2x now up at http://gp2x.org/gp2x/vice/

New features in this release:

* TV-out support
* Battery light now shows disk activity when true drive emulation is on
* More cartridge attach options for the Vic20
* Memory expansion options for the Vic20
* More display preferences for the Vic20

Thanks to Vic20Ian for the keyboard updates and fixes.

Snaff - has "warp speed" from the PC version been implemented? Or would it not work on the 2X?

*downloading with excitement anyway!*

Snaff - has "warp speed" from the PC version been implemented? Or would it not work on the 2X?

*downloading with excitement anyway!*

The warp speed option is there, though warp on the 2x is not quite the same as warp on your gigahertz pentium.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're the best man ...

I did experience an interesing issue with the last build - I'll check this one and get back to you ...

I was playing Legacy of the Ancients and when I save the game, it appears to save properly - I exit everything properly (and the game will TELL you if there are any errors). But it never saves ... I'm right back at the beginning of the game. What's funny is ... it created the character on the save disc ok - it just won't save in the middle of the game. Its not a copy protection issue - the copy protection is in the form of the loader and the codewheel.

Is there any cached disc writing maybe? Anything that could explain the haphazard way it appears to be writing? Do you have a debug build that logs disc access? I'd like to see if its actually writing or what.

Thanks as always .. off to play with the new build

New release of VICE2x now up at http://gp2x.org/gp2x/vice/

New features in this release:

* TV-out support
* Battery light now shows disk activity when true drive emulation is on
* More cartridge attach options for the Vic20
* Memory expansion options for the Vic20
* More display preferences for the Vic20

Thanks to Vic20Ian for the keyboard updates and fixes.

Thanks Snaff for the great work and the acknowledgment. A first foray into GP2X coding, your work on Vice inspired me to get the devkit running (took me a week on and off) glad it was worth it for you and other CBM fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou! :)

cheers
rSl

This is excellent, especially the new TV modes. I am travelling at the moment, more bad TV out pics soon.

Does the battery light glow very dimly on everones GP2x?

Snaff - are there different brightness levels for the LED?

If this is max brightness then it will never let you know the batteries are nearly running out - you can hardly see it. (in Vice GP2x disk drive light mode)

I found out quickly that if you don't have a SNAPSHOTS folder, if you do a snapshot, it craps vice out. :)

Creatures 1 seems ok ... I'll get back to you on Creatures 2

Back