Waiting To Play Games

akarolick

This is my first time posting anything on this forum, in fact I made an account just to write this. Is anyone else out there dreaming of playing an old favorite game but have intentionally decided not to pick it up again just so that they can play it once their Pandora arrives? if so what game? I have been craving some good old fashioned FF7.

DuckMan said:
This is my first time posting anything on this forum, in fact I made an account just to write this. Is anyone else out there dreaming of playing an old favorite game but have intentionally decided not to pick it up again just so that they can play it once their Pandora arrives? if so what game? I have been craving some good old fashioned FF7.

I know I have. In fact, FF7 is probably at the top of my list -- I never finished it, so I picked it up again in anticipation of playing it to completion on Pandora. :) I've been tempted more than a couple times to put it in my PS3 and start playing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I am. I tend to play old 8/16bit stuff all the time, so the magic is ruined there. :p But I've been avoiding any serious driving games (GT/Forza) because I want to play GT in PSX4all. I don't want to burn out on driving (see what I did there) beforehand.

There are also billions of Commodore + Amiga titles that I've never played. I could easily fire them up in an emulator now, but I'm holding out. Meeting them on Pandora for the first time will be spesh.

[edit] A major one I forgot about: Giana's Return. I've played it part of the way through on GP2X, but I've put it aside for now because I think it's going to be much better on Pandora.

some old psx games, crash bandicoot, destruction derby, driver, die hard, all the classics.

I've got a bunch of adventure games I haven't played yet.

Touche - Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (Well I have never played through it)
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
The Discworld games
Simon the Sorcerer 1&2
The Kings Quest and Space Quest series (those that do run on scummvm)

Yeah I know, I have some classics to look forward to (or so I have been told)

And some I haven't played in ages
Monkey Island 1&2

Hopefully these will will play nicely on the Pandora

I've must say that I am kinda proud of myself for not falling for the temptation and played them by now.
But I think I'll cheat and play through MI 1 again now that I bought the remake.

Albion
M-HT did a recompile of it for ARM, which is how I learned he had made a recompiler, which lead to my basic understand of recompilers and my eventual schooling in the recent x86 thread by Exophase :p

I do have a few old favourites in mind that I'm holding off on playing through again - in particular (from a list of many), Star Fox, Mega Man 7, Jazz Jackrabbit, and Klonoa - Door To Phantomile. I'm sure that my continuing addiction to Mappy will also carry over. :p

I've also been picking up classics that I haven't played before, with the intention of playing them for the first time on my Pandora. There are too many to list, though.

I didn't have consoles when growing up and I've been waiting 15+ years to play through all the top ten games for each system (at least once). Have them all down loaded and ready to go (got a list if anyone wants to bitch about my selections).

Did get the GP2X for this but I was never very pleased with the controls on the 2X, so I held off from playing them. I finally got to the point where I was tired of waiting and was about to start, when Craig and co. came on the forum and started spreading thoughts about creating a new open source hand held that was targeted at games.

I got involved contributing ideas to the main design thread for the system and it soon became apparent that they would be including all the features I asked for.
I decided to wait another 2-3 years instead of ruining the experience :)

I'm looking forward to using the N64 emulator when its completed. Its the first console I ever owned. I'm waiting for the Pandora to arrive before I start playing Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Starfox, Conkers bad fur day, Banjo Kazooie and Golden eye 007 again. I also really wanted to try Zelda:Ocarina of time because it has a great reputation.

A whole heap of Amiga, Arcade and PSX titles;
  • Assassin
  • Zool
  • Flashback
  • Cannon Fodder
  • Parodius
  • R-Type
  • Wipeout
  • G-Police
  • Gex
  • Fear Effect
  • Final Fantasy 7
  • etc. etc. etc.
Like most, I have all these ready to go but I'm trying to hold off on spoiling the 'newness' factor when the Pandora lands. I've only given into one.. Syndicate, love that game

Edit: Spelling

Hm, let me see: a lot of atari yaguar games, dont now, was this console realeased in germany?, so i will play alien vs predator, hover strike, wolfenstein3d, iron soldier etc,
and some gba games: i have a gba, but some of this roms i never played like sega rally, dragon ball advance adventures, naruto 1 & 2, one piece, eck vs sever, dark arena, harvest moon friends of mineral town (and the girls version "more friends.. :) Alien Homonid, etc, some snes games, n64,
gb and gbc: some roms.. etc, nes and sega megadrive/or how it called in usa: genesis..
if i find the original of final fantasy 7, than i play it too on my pandora...

and dragonball zeq2lite, wandor, pandorapanic, and all homebrewgames i forgive yet.. B)

I did originally put gaming on hold about a year ago specifically so I could use the Pandora. A year is a long time and I gave up cutting off my nose to spite my face about 8 months ago when I got a Wii; Pandora was going to be my telly-retro-gaming device and portable gaming device but the homebrew channel on the Wii has nicely filled the telly-retro-games slot.

I then got a Dingoo, so I also started playing games that I would only tend to play 'on the move', such as Super Mario World.

The one game I still haven't completed, which I started playing on the GP2X, is Zelda - A Link to the Past. I nearly finished it on the GP2X. The dingoo's screen is too small to do that game justice, so I'm waiting for the Pandora for that one.

I just buckled on one today. Oops. (It was Lomax for the PlayStation. :p)

Interesting topic. Since i saw how excellent Day of the Tentacle looked in one of ED's videos i have been holding back on playing all my ScummVM favourites.

Should a decent Saturn emu be possible in the future, I will be delighted to once again play through Dragon Force and Panzer Dragoon Saga for example. The Panda's keyboard will do nicely for the two extra face buttons the Saturn controllers have ("C" and "Z"), which has always been a problem when emulating it on PC and using my NDS lite or PSP as a wifi controller.

Also, I have never attempted PSX emulation on my desktop, very much looking forward to doing this on the Panda. PSX fav's include Gran Tourismo, Nightmare Creatures, FF VII and more I can't remember at the moment.

I am aching to see these games going open source, Warren Spector ftw:
System Shock II
Deus Ex

And maybe Freelancer? Would be awesome, too.

TEKKEN!!!!

The only shame is I'm not seeing how I can get Tekken 5 running on the pandora...

i need some tips on whats the best ten games on each platform. would really love to play some arcade games though.. newer ones like metal slug.. stuff that is just pure eyecandy. can play 8 bit and 16 bit already so something new would be awesome.

Trevsweb said:
i need some tips on whats the best ten games on each platform.
I think that deserves a whole topic of its own, assuming there's not one already. :p Since it's such a subjective thing, you'd surely get a lot of good suggestions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back