The One Game You Can't Wait To Play

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
For me, the fact that the Pandora will emulate so many systems is amazing. But there is one game I can't wait to try. Wizkid, for the Amiga:

I played this game to death in the old days, and this will be the first game I run on the Pandora.

What about you guys? What one game, above all others has you salivating at the prospect of playing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that game looks like pure madness, in the most awesome sense.

I've been putting off playing some PlayStation games every time I get the inclination, so I'll definitely have some like Spyro, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Final Fantasy 8, and Crash Team Racing.

Also, if Commander Keen 4 is running, I will be playing that almost immediately.

@Lunatic:
Freaky, I bought FFVIII and I'm waiting for the Pandora, I also bought Spyro for the PS1 yesterday...

I'll wait for the Pandora for those two, alon with Secret of Evermore and Virtual On for the Dreamcast.

Wizkid too. One of the most original games ever made. It still makes me laugh now, can't believe I solved all those random puzzles.

I seem to remember at one point the only way to get past was to die and you come back as a ghost.

Also the ending...

I think that if there's a single game it would be Roadwar Europe. I've tried that on most systems since the gp32 but I've never had the keyboard before. Also other SSI rpg's and strategy games.

What do you think about ...SENSIBLE SOCCER (Amiga) :) (maybe with Nubs & Button.. don't know if possible)

WAR! never been so much fun.....

has to be Cannon Fodder

or maybe K240 if I feel like something more strategic :unsure: or maybe.....er...damn!, theres soooo many, aaargh!

The Rhythm Tengoku drumming section. I want to finally beat it, as my GP2X (that only overclocks to 240 MHz) is not powerful enough to play the last drumming levels, and PC emulators have a sound delay that makes playing drums impossible.

ocarina of time I guess, however something I would like to see is riven or myst.

dune 2 battle for arrakkis or xenon 2 megablast for the intro tuneage :p

Nova said:
For me, the fact that the Pandora will emulate so many systems is amazing. But there is one game I can't wait to try. Wizkid, for the Amiga:

I played this game to death in the old days, and this will be the first game I run on the Pandora.

What about you guys? What one game, above all others has you salivating at the prospect of playing?

Depends on how well the N64 and PSX emulators run. There's a few games on those two I'm excited at the possibility of playing anywhere, but I don't want to get too excited yet. Looking forward to having portable Super Metroid as well, with full transparencies and whatever. Hopefully there will be a good port of gpSP, too. I'd like to see some optimized ports of some of the open source FPSes like Nexuiz, but I'm not holding my breath. Whatever happens, happens.

Otherwise, I can't wait to see what comes out of the community for this thing.

Farox said:
What do you think about ...SENSIBLE SOCCER (Amiga) :) (maybe with Nubs & Button.. don't know if possible)

Yes - I was thinking along the same lines - Speedball - two players with a nub each ?

(naw)mcx said:
Quake 3.

Get every thing down to the lowest graphics it'll go, hook up a hub, keyboard and mouse.

PortablePwning!
How is that portable?

Sid Meier's Pirates Gold. Hopefully on dosbox as thats the one I own and I've never played the others.

My friends and I used to have a ball replacing the .wavs in that game with ones I ripped from the first Adam Sandler album.

When you would start a battle, in stead of the defending pirate saying "arrgg, (insert pirate saying here)" He'd say "F*cking Sh*t Man!"

Then we replaced all the sword slash sounds with the bone crushing sounds from the "severe beating of _____" skits. It was freaking hilarious.

Back