Mortal Kombat 4
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, and VII

If Nintendo 64 emulation is playable:

Starfox 64
Tetrisphere

If neither PS1 or N64 emulation is playable at launch:
No really sure.

Lemmings. Beautiful game, and will be a most excellent utilization of the touchscreen. I am unbelievably excited for this, frankly.

Jourdy288 said:
@Lunatic:
Freaky, I bought FFVIII and I'm waiting for the Pandora, I also bought Spyro for the PS1 yesterday...

I'll wait for the Pandora for those two, alon with Secret of Evermore and Virtual On for the Dreamcast.
I would have to say that that is pretty freaky because I have been holding off on playing the Spyro games, FF8, and Crash games too! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mother 3 because Mother 2 was awesome. Mother 1 for the same reason.

Policenauts because somebody mentioned it and it looks cool.

The New Tetris because its Tetris.

Crazy Climber .. I just love this game, I played it to death in the 80's, but I haven't had a great chance to enjoy it in a long time since the arcades died and the dual-stick cabinets were removed .. now with Pandora, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my peeping-tom/birdshit-helmet/donkey-smash'ing/barbell-dodging underpants-wearing CLIMB on!

Thinking about it more , the one game I've been waiting to play is cave story.

i've heard great things about it, but the nintendo DS version never materialized, and i'm not sure i want to play it on wii or computer (portable is best for me)

Nova said:
For me, the fact that the Pandora will emulate so many systems is amazing. But there is one game I can't wait to try. Wizkid, for the Amiga
Wow, what the... When I saw this topic, I thought to myself "Definitely WizKid on dosbox"! That game is trippy. I own the original PC version, cardboard box, manual and everything. I would imagine Wizball would be fun on long nightly bus or train trips. :p Great games. I am also looking forward to re-playing Chrono Trigger and the countless Amiga titles that I missed out on.

Vertice said:

i've heard great things about it, but the nintendo DS version never materialized, and i'm not sure i want to play it on wii or computer (portable is best for me)

I'd kill for a portable version of Cave Story... but it's actually closed-source.
The DS and PSP versions were ports made by fans, with the go-ahead and source from Pixel, but when Cave Story Wii was given the go-ahead (and thus the game became commercial) these versions stopped at the request of Pixel. From what I remember, Cave Story for the PSP was finished before the axeing, so that's still obtainable.

So, in other words, we have a very low chance of getting my beloved Cave Story on the Pandora.

But really, you simply MUST play it on PC. The graphics may seem like they would be ugly on a large screen, but they really are endearingly cute and retro. Not to mention the awesome music that I actually listen to by itself occasionally. And the amazing plot. And the charming characters. And the incredible game play...

Metal slug 3, the best metal slug game ever annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd SUPER MARIO RPG

metal-slug-3-c.jpg

mario-rpg.jpg

these are my two favourite games

Wings of Death for the Amiga will without a doubt be the first game I play... not only is the game great fun, but the music is flawless and will keep you playing just because of it :3

1wniW0.png

There also was an awesome Renegade clone called Strangers that spent countless of hours with... I would'nt mind having that as a second on my list

//Vrilya

fearofshorts said:
Vertice said:

I'd kill for a portable version of Cave Story... but it's actually closed-source.
The DS and PSP versions were ports made by fans, with the go-ahead and source from Pixel, but when Cave Story Wii was given the go-ahead (and thus the game became commercial) these versions stopped at the request of Pixel. From what I remember, Cave Story for the PSP was finished before the axeing, so that's still obtainable.

So, in other words, we have a very low chance of getting my beloved Cave Story on the Pandora.

But really, you simply MUST play it on PC. The graphics may seem like they would be ugly on a large screen, but they really are endearingly cute and retro. Not to mention the awesome music that I actually listen to by itself occasionally. And the amazing plot. And the charming characters. And the incredible game play...

What's wrong with Cave Story on the GP2X?

Back