The One Game You Can't Wait To Play

(naw)mcx said:
Chest Rockwell said:
(naw)mcx said:
Quake 3.

Get every thing down to the lowest graphics it'll go, hook up a hub, keyboard and mouse.

PortablePwning!
How is that portable?

define portable

easily or conveniently transported
I guess I'm a right weirdo but I don't generally carry around a keyboard, hub, and mouse with myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chest Rockwell said:
(naw)mcx said:
Chest Rockwell said:
(naw)mcx said:
Quake 3.

Get every thing down to the lowest graphics it'll go, hook up a hub, keyboard and mouse.

PortablePwning!
How is that portable?

define portable

easily or conveniently transported
I guess I'm a right weirdo but I don't generally carry around a keyboard, hub, and mouse with myself.

You also don't carry around a Pandora with you, currently ;)

But I get your point, keyboards are pretty big, unless you buy a shitty roll-up one, I wouldn't say it's very "convenient" to carry one about.

I'll be honest, I'm looking forward to good PC Engine emulation most, with NeoGeo coming in second. There are a good few games on both.

I shall however, of course, be very keen to try out almost everything Pandora that comes my way.

SNATCHER! (the sega cd version) Played it up until the hospital section on the psp, but then couldn't get past the part in the air vent 'cause the psp's controls sucked so hard.

I just want to load up a bunch of games, show it off to others. Making people jealous and fortifying my position as the Alpha Geek with my peers.

TrashyMG said:
I just want to load up a bunch of games, show it off to others. Making people jealous and fortifying my position as the Alpha Geek with my peers.
Fortification of my inner alpha geekdom is my destiny.etc

Sonic CD, i've played all the other 2d sonic games, but never owned a mega cd.

I actually have it on a gamecube disc too, but as the only display I have is a projector,
the 2d sonic games just move so fast i can't even focus on them.

Otherwise, I also want to finally play shining force 1, and shining force CD.

Maybe play through flashback again... I wonder if there will be a good version of another world to play.

I've been threatening to play final fantasy 9 for a very long time now...

Cannon Fodder, Dune 2, Westnoth and Reminiscence ...
But there is whole bunch of other games that I would like to see running on pandora.

And maybe my homemade game sooner or later :rolleyes:

MonkeyChops said:
Sid Meier's Pirates Gold. Hopefully on dosbox as thats the one I own and I've never played the others.

My friends and I used to have a ball replacing the .wavs in that game with ones I ripped from the first Adam Sandler album.

When you would start a battle, in stead of the defending pirate saying "arrgg, (insert pirate saying here)" He'd say "F*cking Sh*t Man!"

Then we replaced all the sword slash sounds with the bone crushing sounds from the "severe beating of _____" skits. It was freaking hilarious.

It was available on other system too, Such as Amiga CD32, MegaDrive, Macintosh and Windows 3.x.

They may not be as good, Or allow you to muck around like you use to with the DOS version, But just
thought i`d give you the heads up.

Trooper

I've been holding off playing a few RPGs so that I can play them on the Pandora (Chrono Trigger, FF6, Mario RPG).

But the one game I'm looking forward to playing through (again) is Yoshis Island.

It's all about the SNES for me.

My all time number one is Elite hoping olite will work on the Pandora.

So for me it will be.

1 Elite CBM64/Amiga ore on any other system.
2 out of Africa CBM64
3 Pirates any system will do
4 Deuteros Amiga. I wonder how many people remember this great game. It had a difficult start if i remember correct.
5 Murder on the mississippi CBM64
6 Law Of The West CBM64
7 7 Cities of gold CB64
8 Swort of fargoal CBM64
9 Into the Eagles nest CBM64
10 Maniac mansion any system
11 Krackout CBM64 (O boy the sound on that is just classic)
12 Lotus turbo challenge Amiga

Just to name a few classics.
And as you see i am a fan of the old CBM64 games i am just hoping on good ports of the CBM 64 where you have not to set the system yourself.
I hope on the old feeling of plug and play no setting but turbo for loading would be awesome.

If you like please name some off you favorite classics

cixelsyd said:
3 Pirates any system will do
4 Deuteros Amiga. I wonder how many people remember this great game. It had a difficult start if i remember correct.

10 Maniac mansion any system

Can't believe I forgot those :blink:

Yeah, Deuteros was fun, but pretty hard. When I think about it, it feel like the ancestor of all of those web based strategy games...

Great list, cixelsyd. Deuteros is awesome, it has a great feeling once you have everything rolling along smoothly.

Maniac Mansion will be playable under SCUMMVM, which will be your best bet!

No matter how many times this thread appears, it never gets old...

Back