Pandora Panic,
};
What language is that?
main.cpp:7: error: missing terminating ' character
main.cpp:8: error: expected `}' before "North"
main.cpp:8: error: expected init-declarator before '&' token
main.cpp:8: error: expected `,' or `;' before '&' token
main.cpp:9: error: expected declaration before '}' token

And the list goes on. How am I supposed to know what you're looking forward to if your program won't even compile?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm old so a lot of the stuff I'm really looking forward to is Spectrum based. I know emus have been done to death on various systems but to be (truly) portable with a keyboard...

Ahhh...Speccy Heaven!

I've recently got back into Turbo Esprit again - what a game.

Also looking forward to playing full speed Amiga games like Frontier (with extra RAM, naturellement), and as someone else has mentioned here Sensi.

Oh, and obviously Pang because it's amazing. :)

What language is that?
main.cpp:7: error: missing terminating ' character
main.cpp:8: error: expected `}' before "North"
main.cpp:8: error: expected init-declarator before '&' token
main.cpp:8: error: expected `,' or `;' before '&' token
main.cpp:9: error: expected declaration before '}' token

And the list goes on. How am I supposed to know what you're looking forward to if your program won't even compile?

Nothing, Pseudo C. There should be no spaces nor special symbols.. And to make it actually print the stuff, i should rather use arrays for list, cycle it and print it with cout << ListItem[x] << endl;

fearofshorts said:
Vertice said:
Thinking about it more , the one game I've been waiting to play is cave story.

I'd kill for a portable version of Cave Story... but it's actually closed-source.
The DS and PSP versions were ports made by fans, with the go-ahead and source from Pixel, but when Cave Story Wii was given the go-ahead (and thus the game became commercial) these versions stopped at the request of Pixel. From what I remember, Cave Story for the PSP was finished before the axeing, so that's still obtainable.

I guess i'll wait for the wii one.

my main 'problem', is my only display is a projector. So there's a lot of 2d games that just don't work on such a big screen.
2d sonic games give me motion sickness, blast processing be damned.

ikaruga on big screen is a treat though =)

The same game as last year:

gp2xs said:
Epyx Rogue (DosBox)

Rogue_Screen_Shot_CAR.PNG

This would be on on the top of my list Stunts (4D Sports Driving in Europe) with DosBox. I know there is a superior Amiga version, but I legally own a copy of this game and still have maps I made from long ago.

stunts1.gif

Track editor:
stunts4.gif

Syndicate.

I'd like to see how well tie fighter and x-wing will run also, and I'll give stunt island a blasty

Can't remember if I've posted this before buuuut...

BALDURS GATE!

That will probably be the series I play the most when someone hopfully ports gemrb.

Maybe some Homeworld and Quake too.

And for emulators, some Zelda and Starfox on the N64, Street Fighter 2 on SNES, Resident Evil on PS1 etc. :)

TrashyMG said:
This would be on on the top of my list Stunts (4D Sports Driving in Europe) with DosBox. I know there is a superior Amiga version, but I legally own a copy of this game and still have maps I made from long ago.

stunts1.gif

Track editor:
stunts4.gif

i still have my maps too!! use to play this game constantly on my Gateway P1 PC back in the early 90s..

man the memories..
will we be able to run this on pandora????

i cant wait to play Chrono Trigger/FF7

only reason y i bought the pandora :lol:

i still have my maps too!! use to play this game constantly on my Gateway P1 PC back in the early 90s..

man the memories..
will we be able to run this on pandora????

It should run fine. VGA version only requires a 386SX speeds.. Dosbox for the Pandora can handle that.. If not the Amiga version should work as well, they had videos of the Amiga emulator running full speed.

DOS:
Master of Magic
Nethack

Amiga:
Elvira
Elvira II
Waxworks (better on scumm)
Zack Mc Kraken
Cadaver
The Faery Tale

SCUMM:
Monkey's island(s)
Grim Fandango?
The Dig
Full Throttle

C64
Virtually any game, first of all Magic Candle

Spectrum:
Sir Fred

SNES:
Clock Tower (english hack)
Pitfall

Atari 2600:
Adventure
All the rest

I never tried "Stunts" but the pics remind me of Hard Drivin'. I played the crap out of that game in the arcades back in the day. It really was hard but a lot of fun. I wonder if the Arcade version will work on pandora, anyone have experience with the other versions?

MonkeyChops said:
I never tried "Stunts" but the pics remind me of Hard Drivin'. I played the crap out of that game in the arcades back in the day. It really was hard but a lot of fun. I wonder if the Arcade version will work on pandora, anyone have experience with the other versions?

Yeah I think stunts was indirectly based off the arcade version of Hard Drivin' , Both PC games came out around the same time. I've always like Stunts better because it had more car selection and a Track editor. where Hard Drivin' seemed more like direct Arcade port.

sounds cool, Yet another game added to my list :)

I always loved level editors for games. Its too bad I lost all those Doom Wads and Duke3D maps.

:( all those hours wasted.

Anything Mega Man & Castlevania*, particularly looking forward to the SNES ones since they just never ran well on any other handheld I've had. Same thing with Super Mario World.

A bunch of vertical shooters would be sweet too.

* Sidenote: A YouTube video showing Mega Man X and/or Super Castlevania IV running smoothly in all their glory would make my [time left until I own a Pandora myself].

SOmehow, Somewhere - with those nubs... Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram. Will need working DC emu. Or somehow Model 3 EMU - I just don't know whats possible anymore. http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=719

Back