Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

@Naw:
Brilliance!

e8sgly.jpg

OK, ready for a change from flames?

ou13yq.jpg

With all due respect, can we get these behind spoiler tags? When there's only one or two on a page there isn't a problem, but a dozen or so causes the page to jump all over the place as they load.

WizardStan said:
With all due respect, can we get these behind spoiler tags? When there's only one or two on a page there isn't a problem, but a dozen or so causes the page to jump all over the place as they load.

Really?

Well it is a Wallpaper thread. So it would kinda defeat the point. Taking the pictures out of the picture thread.

EDIT: More
35daue9.jpg

2lm2csp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of great images here lately - I like Naw's second on on the post above too - it has an "inside a cathedral" kinda feel to it IMHO.

(naw)mcx said:
Really?

Well it is a Wallpaper thread. So it would kinda defeat the point. Taking the pictures out of the picture thread.
I didn't say take them out. It was just a suggestion to hide them so the browser window doesn't go jumping all over the place as they load. Surely I'm not the only person who noticed it over the last few pages.
A few posters were already doing so.

Chip said:
PandoraRox said:
I'm not quite sure if this has been done already, but could someone make a Pandora sized image of "The Great Wave off Kanagawa"? It's a nice piece of art.
Like this?
thegreatwaveoffkanagawa.jpg

That's awesome, thanks.

WizardStan said:
I didn't say take them out. It was just a suggestion to hide them so the browser window doesn't go jumping all over the place as they load. Surely I'm not the only person who noticed it over the last few pages.
It would kind of defeat the purpose of showing off new wallpapers, as people would have to go down the page clicking spoiler buttons to see anything. A lot of stuff would get missed that way.

Now, people quoting posts with wallpapers in them... I agree, please either wrap the image in a spoiler or just delete it from the quote (there's a snapback link in every quote anyway).
But I don't honestly expect most people will bother, either.

Kagato said:
WizardStan said:
It would kind of defeat the purpose of showing off new wallpapers, as people would have to go down the page clicking spoiler buttons to see anything. A lot of stuff would get missed that way.

Now, people quoting posts with wallpapers in them... I agree, please either wrap the image in a spoiler or just delete it from the quote (there's a snapback link in every quote anyway).
But I don't honestly expect most people will bother, either.

People don't seem to follow forum etiquette on here anyway, which every thread going off-topic after the first or second page. Drives me nuts when I'm trying to dig for info but all I'm reading is crap like cheese ...

Anyway ... I wonder how many of these wallpapers are actually going to ship with the Pandora.

Here's a quick fractal I made. I'm not good with photoshop, so feel free to muck around with it. Naw, I'm looking at you. ;)

(Here's a direct link to the full render. The background is left transparent for your modification pleasure.)

Vorporeal said:

Here's a quick fractal I made. I'm not good with photoshop, so feel free to muck around with it. Naw, I'm looking at you. ;)

(Here's a direct link to the full render. The background is left transparent for your modification pleasure.)

I really like it :)

MDave said:
Anyway ... I wonder how many of these wallpapers are actually going to ship with the Pandora.

I'd guess a few, maybe the top 10-20 as decided by the devs. (I pray a forum poll will not be involved)
But it doesn't really matter, as everything else can get listed on a themes site, or maybe even in the app store.

There are probably some excellent wallpapers from older threads that might get forgotten; I'd recommend reposting them here so we've got a single point of reference for the devs.

Traylorpark had some outstanding work back in the "rainbow panda" thread:

theopening_screen1.png

theopening_screen2.png

theopening_pop.png

There's probably a couple of other good ones in the same thread.

I was a big fan of traylorpark's designs, it's nice to know that they haven't been forgotten.

I decided to play around with my fractal and make a wallpaper, and I came up with this. I like it, but I'm sure I could have done better with some patience and a little image manipulation skill.

pandorawallpaper1.png

Nice work (but just to tell you, the Pandora logo should be sharpened a bit) I absolutely love designs made with fractals.

Jourdy288 said:
Nice work (but just to tell you, the Pandora logo should be sharpened a bit) I absolutely love designs made with fractals.

Thanks (I did it like that on purpose), I love fractal designs too.

;)

A few photos, as previously posted (to compile everything of mine into one easy-to-find post, now):

wagenp.png

2cqkuur.png

1z6h7wz.png

2ll2etc.png

5z2yxw.jpg

2dr89z8.png

1zyakjm.png

30hrbxh.png

A bunch of renders... as previously posted:

A girl called "pandora":
243lrt5.png

(finished, I think)

"pandora" playing with her (or her BF's?) pandora handheld gaming console...
21f0c4i.png

(minor postwork has been done in spare time)

Then, a U rated version!
e9eu1f.png

(again, a little postwork was done to polish this image, just a bit)

This one's quite simply "Dragon 1" as there is every likelyhood that there will be a number of dragon images and I couldn't think up a more interesting name :(
2pq5naa.png

and some newer, more up-to-date images that I don't think have made this thread (almost definately not in this form).

Pickled Brain:
igcac2.png

(semi finished)

The Girl With The Pandora Tatt:
5obgvo.png

(Want to check a couple of possible tweaks, but this might even be finsihed!)

Night At The Aquarium:
ac4ol3.png

OK, so I stopped being lazy and decided to resize and crop my earlier posted images.

A few more added too.

Again, feel free to maim / mutilate / add logos etc.

Location is in the filename.

Oh and does anyone know if any of these will be used ?

If so, will we be notified ?

WorldTripping

imgCorsicaRoadToPortoPollo1.gif

imgEgyptGizaThreePyramidsAtSunset1.gif

imgEgyptMuseumTutAnkhAmunMask1.gif

imgEthiopiaDebreBirhanSelassePriest1.gif

imgEthiopiaDebreBirhanSelasseRoof1.gif

imgFranceLeavingMarseille1.gif

imgFranceMoulinsBridge1.gif

imgKenyaRoadToMarsabitHorizon1.gif

imgMalawiNgaraBeachTree1.gif

imgMozambiqueTofoBeach2.gif