Wanna Play Your Ps1 Games On Psp?

Yeah, I meant a standalone version of the Sony one. It would be nice to have all the extra options and stuff you usually get with emulators.

is anyone here having trouble with european ps1 games once they've ripped them? i rip an convert them fine, but when i play them im getting the bottom quarter of the screen missing, and on ffiiv quite a few glitches in the graphics. i obtained a us gran turismo though an that worked fine.

Well, I have another question. (shocking, I know ... )

I had Hot Shots Golf 2, but wanted to delete it to save space. I did so, along with all those weirdly named folders that the FW upgrade/downgrade thingies came with ... success, with no noticeable bad effects. My FF7 game save works fine, the game plays well, etc.

I noticed this (and it's bugging the hell out of me!):

My HSG2 folder was named "SCUS94476" ... I see that my FF7 game save folder is also named exactly the same. Um .... why? I also see that deleting the HSG2 folder had no ill effects, so what gives?

Thanks again.

:D * This rocks so fucking much * :D

Sorry for the bump, but I remembered something:

If you put FF7 in the PS3, it has that little rectagular gfx glitch in the lower left, by the main character's name during battles.

This also happens on the PSP using a ripped & converted copy of FF7 :eek:

Weird, huh??

I got a PSP-1001 core pack. It was labeled with a "K" meaning it was a 2.71 firmware, and it had a TA-082 motherboard. I was able to downgrade easily with the TA82downgrader. Once at 1.5 firmware, installing OE-A then OE-B was easy. Also, outpost.com has a 4GB Sandisk MS PRO DUO for $80 after a $20 rebate, and cheap overnight delivery. Using a Popstation GUI pack, converting the raw BIN file psx games, from psx4all usage, was also easy and straight forward. Also DAX's UMD Dumper also works on OE-B for making backups.

I confirmed the following games working (and working well!) just now:
Nectaris: Military Madness
Hydro Thunder
Street Fighter Alpha 3
RC De Go (GET THIS GAME!)
Strikers 1942
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

Just about every game I throw at it works fullspeed, can keep the aspect ratio or be full screen, and is very compatible. There is no ghosting of the PSP screen that I can tell.

zodttd posted on Dec 30 2006 at 04:07 AM said:
Just about every game I throw at it works fullspeed, can keep the aspect ratio or be full screen, and is very compatible. There is no ghosting of the PSP screen that I can tell.

You are lucky, maybe they fixed it. Mine is one of the first ones and it ghosts like hell.
When you keep the aspect it still stretches though as the PSX was 240 high not 272.
I guess I should get used to it though as now that you have and love the PSP your gp2x will probably end up on ebay or in the basement, no more gbSP :eek:

I am confused by all of the different stuff on the PSP, exploits, OE-A, eboot, what the hell is all of that and which to use? I guess you need some things to run some stuff different things to run other stuff?

Oh well, confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Dec 29 2006 at 11:38 PM said:

You are lucky, maybe they fixed it. Mine is one of the first ones and it ghosts like hell.
When you keep the aspect it still stretches though as the PSX was 240 high not 272.
I guess I should get used to it though as now that you have and love the PSP your gp2x will probably end up on ebay :eek:

I am confused by all of the different stuff on the PSP, exploits, OE-A, eboot, what the hell is all of that and which to use? I guess you need some things to run some stuff different things to run other stuff?

Oh well.

Dave, I was one of the stubborn hold-outs ... I too thought that all this emulation stuff was very hard to do on the PSP; but seriously, once OE-A (then the very easy-to do OE-B update) is done, it really is just a matter of getting an emulator, putting it under the GAME105 folder, add the roms and you're done.

I don't like the SNEs emu though ... too slow. it's much better on the '2X.

TelcoLou posted on Dec 30 2006 at 04:41 AM said:

I guess I should get used to it though as now that you have and love the PSP your gp2x will probably end up on ebay :eek:

Oh well.

Dave, I was one of the stubborn hold-outs ... I too thought that all this emulation stuff was very hard to do on the PSP; but seriously, once OE-A (then the very easy-to do OE-B update) is done, it really is just a matter of getting an emulator, putting it under the GAME105 folder, add the roms and you're done.

Do you need oe-b to run standard emus or just psx? I know when you look at emus they all say they are for different things like 1.5, kxploit, e-boot etc. So you have to download the right emu for the right loader? That makes my head hurt. Plust I hate the screen stretching, and horrible ghosting I get on mine anyway.

DaveC posted on Dec 29 2006 at 11:45 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 30 2006 at 04:41 AM said:

Oh well.

Do you need oe-b to run standard emus or just psx? I know when you look at emus they all say they are for different things like 1.5, kxploit, e-boot etc. So you have to download the right emu for the right loader? That makes my head hurt. Plust I hate the screen stretching, and horrible ghosting I get on mine anyway.

Not sure ... I have OE-B, and installed emulators I found at this place
... they worked "Out of the Box" ... and this seems to be a custom/special/magic version of FW 3.02, ,eaning you can play everything from homebrew to copied UMDs to PSX games. It rocks well and true :)

you only need dark alexs 3.02 firmware to play everything. you dont need to put the emulators in GAME105 you can put them in GAME just like you can do with a v1 psp as long as its the original eboot and not been changed to the exploit thingy.

CABBAGES posted on Dec 30 2006 at 08:44 AM said:
you only need dark alexs 3.02 firmware to play everything. you dont need to put the emulators in GAME105 you can put them in GAME just like you can do with a v1 psp as long as its the original eboot and not been changed to the exploit thingy.

How do you know if it is "changed" or not?

DaveC posted on Dec 30 2006 at 08:56 AM said:
CABBAGES posted on Dec 30 2006 at 08:44 AM said:

How do you know if it is "changed" or not?

I think if its for 1.5 then its been changed.. Most hombrew is 1.5 as that was the most exploited firmware of its time when all the homebrew was comming out. Another thing is, usually if the homebrew comes with 2 folder then its for 1.5 and goes in the GAME150 folder. If its a single folder it might boot by just going in the GAME folder.

But I have switched mine around so my GAME folder is the 1.5 folder and my GAME150 folder is now renamed to GAME302 for standard non modded homebrew. You can do this buy turning the PSP off, Hold down R Shoulder button and Switch PSP on. You will now boot into Recovery Mode where you can fiddle with settings and switch the Homebrew folders around.

shinneri posted on Dec 30 2006 at 07:39 AM said:
The only thing different about the OE-B is that it plays PSX. any modded FW or 1.5 will run the user-created homebrew (including emulators).

Dark Alex's custom firmwares are alot differetn to firmwares like 1.5 (1.5 sucks now compaired to DA Firmware). Advantages of DA Custom Firmware -

For starters their is a Recovery menu so if you brick your PSP theirs a high chance of bringing it back to life.
You can load PRX Plugins from the memory stick, no flashing required.
You can run your backed up games from the Game menu
You can run PSX games from the game menu
Internet Browser
PS3 Remote play thing
Location free player
Camera
Faking Regions
Free UMD region
Hiding corrupt icons
No-UMD setting (so no umd is required in the drive to play isos)
and probably more...

Yes you can get some of them things by using 1.5 and loading Devhook up with 3.03 firmware but its no way near as good as having 3.02 OE B installed :)

shinneri posted on Dec 28 2006 at 05:07 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 27 2006 at 11:57 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 27 2006 at 11:01 PM said:
Q: What folder(s) can I now delete after this awesome upgrade? (I'm assuming I'll never need to update again, so I want to save as much space on my card as possible)

To clarify: I figured out how to hide those corrupt icons; I need to know if I can delete the update folders ...
Yeah, anything used to update can be removed once you're done updating. Though I suggest you copy the stuff to your hard drive and keep it in case you need it anytime. ;)

Yah but be sure to keep the DXAR file that was generated on your psp

If anything should happen to your psp ie Bricked you can use recovery menu to recover straight to 3.20 oe-b without going through the steps of 1.5>3.2 oe-A>OE-B

TelcoLou posted on Dec 28 2006 at 04:17 PM said:
including some nice icon files I grabbed from Maxconsole
Link? :)

I picked up a 1GB card, which should suit my needs nicely.. playing Dino Crisis on my PSP is very nice. :D This is very quickly changing my opinion about the platform.

shinneri posted on Dec 30 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Dec 28 2006 at 04:17 PM said:
including some nice icon files I grabbed from Maxconsole
Link? :)

I picked up a 1GB card, which should suit my needs nicely.. playing Dino Crisis on my PSP is very nice. :D This is very quickly changing my opinion about the platform.

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40802

Theirs quite a Few on their :D

Steve-O posted on Dec 31 2006 at 05:54 AM said:
You're not kidding. :eek: Thanks!

Unfortunately Dino Crisis freezes a little way into the game. Hopefully the problem lies in the eboot-making process and not the emulation itself. It worked so good until it froze. :(

Back