Wanna Play Your Ps1 Games On Psp?

Is everyone bored of PSX emulation already? :p

I'm still on the first disc of FF7, I forgot what a long game it is... just feels so awesome on a portable device though.

No way, I have only had my PSP for a week and its took me all that time to get it to 3.02 OE B (im a newbie to it remember, and its a lot different to the 2x). :)

I have been really excited about this since I saw this thread :D

I eventually worked out popstation last night and converted resident evil, but all I got was a black screen when I booted PSPSone, so I will have to try again tonight after work.

When do I convert my games to NTCS from PAL, after I have converted the ISO or at the same time as making it.

I can't wait to get this going :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Crap... Is this a troll? Can this be real?

I might actually have to get a PSP now that I can't find one... All I want is PSX in my pocket!

*sob* Why did this have to happen a week after I drop $400 on a camera. *sob* *sob*

my PSP is in the post, should be delivered today.

my 2GB+4GB cards are chugging over from china.

ive got my playstation discs converted and ready waiting.

silent hill
resident evil
legacy of kain:soul reaver

to begin with.

Have any of you tried the N64 emulator for PSP? It's pretty impressive
I havn't tried that yet, but I have tried the Spectrum emulator and I have to say that its very good :)

I also tried Exophase's gba emulator and its fantastic, I hope the 2x's version can get to that standard.

I'm off to fight with some ISO's now, can't wait to play psx on it B)

dosteridge, if you use this gui to convert it's supposed to do the PAL to NTSC for you. I haven't tried it yet so let me know if you do and it works ok.

The way I do it is, after ripping the cd I use PAL4U2K & PAL4UPATCH to convert it to NTSC (and if needed ZAPPER2K to fix the screen position). Then convert it to use on the PSP after that.

Have any of you tried the N64 emulator for PSP? It's pretty impressive. I was able to finish a couple races in Mario Kart. It's still slow but very promising. Hopefully it's still in development...

it realy is quite promising. If you have yet to try it out, you also should check out the CPS2 emu as well; it totally blew my mind :D

Have any of you tried the N64 emulator for PSP? It's pretty impressive. I was able to finish a couple races in Mario Kart. It's still slow but very promising. Hopefully it's still in development...
R8 was released 4 months ago now so it's not looking good :(

I really do hope StrmnNrmn is still working on R9.

If you have yet to try it out, you also should check out the CPS2 emu as well; it totally blew my mind :D
The Neo Geo and CPS1 ones are perfect too. If only NJ made all the emulators on PSP :p

FF8 crashes early on :(.

I've nearly completed disc 1 of FF9, where the only glitch is in the mist effect.

I'm still on the first disc of FF7, I forgot what a long game it is... just feels so awesome on a portable device though.

I am just loving it! Ten or so hours into FF7. It looks and sounds so RIGHT in the hand (!). This is the future, sorry Dave-I have one of the very first PSPs, imported from Japan. The screen has no ghosting at all.

You must have been unlucky.

I am just loving it! Ten or so hours into FF7. It looks and sounds so RIGHT in the hand (!). This is the future, sorry Dave-I have one of the very first PSPs, imported from Japan. The screen has no ghosting at all.

Same.

Do people have their screens on stretch or original? I tend to have mine on original, because it looks a bit blurry and weird on some games.

Same.

Do people have their screens on stretch or original? I tend to have mine on original, because it looks a bit blurry and weird on some games.

• My GP2X is in semi-retirement right now :lol:-||!@$#@$@#!!!
• I leave the screen set to 'original'; stretched tends to get smeary during fast action parts.

I like to fill the screen with as much psp as possible.

But seriously, what could be better than this, hndheld gaming wise I mean!

I, I'm off to try to get out of Corel Prison...

I use different screen modes depending on the game. It does look weird and wrong with some games, but on others it looks great.

I've definitely seen some really bad ghosting on some games (original PSP games not PSX), however other games which I would expect to see similar effects had nothing at all. This leads me to believe it's the software not the hardware. I think zodttd also had this opinion about it.

EDIT:
• My GP2X is in semi-retirement right now :lol:-||!@$#@$@#!!!
It saddens me but same here.

It's times like this that I am seriously pissed that I updated for GTA:Vice City Stories.

:(

I like stretching it to fit the whole PSP screen. It actually looks very nice. :)

I have a feeling this emulator is clocked at 333mhz because I've noticed my batteries have been draining pretty quickly (more than usual ;)) when I use it.

I have mine set to fill the full screen :)

I think the Emu is probably set to 266mhz area standard. Install the latest CWCheat with POP support and you can mess around with the clock speeds and enable the 4th brightness level and load up Memory card images etc etc :D :)

Back