Want to explain what the Pyra is?

Nice video and I still love the picture of the active LEDs in the transparent case - funky.
Although I'm German myself, it's so strange to hear Michael talk in his native tongue, always sounds a lot more harsh. German is great for selling weapons, I guess. :D

The music was something entirely different than I expected, I'd have thought no music or a little chiptune in the background, strange to hear this kind of "this will change the world"-music in relation to an actually real and good product.
To me he sounds the same in either language. Nothing for ungood, ED. :)
Also, I have no idea where this "German sounds harsh" comes from. I don't hear it. In German one can sound harsh, but so one can in any language (except French maybe).
German+harsh always makes me think of that one Austin Powers film with that militant Saxon beast in it.

At the risk of further derailing this thread, some (all) of the music I listen to in German that I described as harsh is supposed to be harsh, as can be heard by other music from the same people in other languages.

At the risk of further derailing this thread, some (all) of the music I listen to in German that I described as harsh is supposed to be harsh, as can be heard by other music from the same people in other languages.
Didn't read anything else into it.

Didn't read anything else into it.
I know, I was just trying to support your claim. I also don't know where German got the reputation as a harsh sounding language since it seems to be like most other languages I am familiar with in this respect.

To bring this back on topic, if these videos didn't take too long I hope we can get about one a week during the preorder phase, depending on how long they stay open, and how production will be handled. Am I correct that ED is going for a batch of 1500 or so, if possible? I thought he wanted that many preorders so they he could have additional stock on hand, but, based on what he has been saying lately, it seems we are already at a point where that can happen.

I would really love to see a video of the first batch getting made, time permitting. Not sure if that would help future sales. The subsequent videos of us using them probably would.

Wow, that logo with the metal plate at the end of the video is VERY ugly to me. It looks like the first version by @Binky but they just took the @FaeMinx version and cut it. Even if I though the metal plate would be ugly, I was thinking that it's the only way to keep the logo intact. Now we have an average logo on an average metal plate and the association of both and the black Pyra makes it very outdated and ugly, and the logo isn't even the Pyra logo.

Last edited:
Wow, that logo with the metal plate at the end of the video is VERY ugly to me. It looks like the first version by @Binky but they just took the @FaeMinx version and cut it. Even if I though the metal plate would be ugly, I was thinking that it's the only way to keep the logo intact. Now we have an average logo on an average metal plate and the association of both and the black Pyra makes it very outdated and ugly, and the logo isn't even the Pyra logo.

Just to let you know I prefer that version.

I never liked the way the official logo is now with thet small flame thing inside.
That more simplistic logo looks much better for me.

I never liked the way the official logo is now with thet small flame thing inside.
I prefer the logo that many voted against. The FaeMinx version improved the "winning" one, imo.

Many people here will put their own logo inside anyway.
Edit: I removed my original post. I just want to say that I like that such options are still available for us, even if the logo plate is glued.

If it isn't too hard to get behind the screen, I'll make a custom logo too.

@ED: Would it be possible to sell this plate blank so we could cut something out ourselves or won't good tools for wood and steel work properly on this plastic?

If it isn't too hard to get behind the screen, I'll make a custom logo too.

@ED: Would it be possible to sell this plate blank so we could cut something out ourselves or won't good tools for wood and steel work properly on this plastic?
The plate is aluminum, not plastic. (I am still confused about why or which version of the logo it will have). I am sure if enough people request it he can add blank plates to the shop. I will probably just get some copper from a craft store or somewhere. I still need to see what the final product will look like, and what case colors we will get.

I would prefer a flashlight instead of a Logo anyways.

Besides a camera it's the only function the Pyra doesn't have a smartphone does.
A bright flashlight.

Good for you.

Many people here will put their own logo inside anyway.
How? it's glued.

Edited at the demand of the author.
That final version of the lid is a FAIL to be honest and I'm sad to say that because I think they did their best. If it was me I'll simply cancel the logo on the lid and put something else to show LEDs, anyway the "logo" isn't even the logo.
If it stay that way I'll find a durable sticker to put on it.

Last edited:
@Kiga I thought we were getting the real logo. I am not fond of that version either. I will wait and see how it turns out, but the plate does give us a simple way to customize our Pyra.

I´m fine with the logo and the plate, there are many possibilities it can look cool.
It also is a thing for when the Pyra is closed, it dosen´t get on your way when working/gaming.

A series of short videos, a general one and specific ones, would be great.

Just to be clear, are you talking about this logo? (on the left)
boardlogo.png

I like it.

there are many possibilities it can look cool.
What do you mean by possibilities? modding?

eFd6Plt.png

Sorry but it isn't elegant, it looks like some cosmetics of bad taste. It is opposed to what Pyra is made of. It looks like you tried to makes something cool but failed and it's ridiculous. Ridiculous because you added something which may be cool in another environnement but is irrelevant in this, this is how I feel.
I'd like to know what other members think, maybe I'm crazy.

Last edited:
I thought that I (ok.. and probably DaMummy) am the one with the negative vibes here, what happened? oO
Loony and Grench fighting with each other over RAM (including direct insults), people throwing a hissy fit because of some insignificant logo-plate, others being offended by small jokes, Dunny not trusting ED's quality control and not pre-ordering, etc...

What happens here?
Shouldn't this be a time of jubilation?

Last edited:
I wonder how bright the LEDs behind the logo are. If they are bright enough to make a decent torch/flashlight, then it may be most practical to replace the logo with a simple hole for the LEDs. How bright are the LEDs? Does the logo significantly obscure them?

One nice thing about the Pandora logo is that it is quite unobtrusive -- I hardly notice it is there. But then, any logo lit up by LEDs will be noticeable.

Back