Was There A Bounty For A Good Gba Emu?

I forgot about the bounty :eek:
I better check what else I've pledged to give.
I kinda agere with DaveC's philosophy, I'm more likely to give money to something that I actually use.... like it's kinda shareware, rather than something I think I will use if it gets better... but there are always exceptions.
So I'll probably donate again later on.

DaveC, I don't mind your reasoning at all! :)
They're donations, which means it's not up to me. People should only donate if they feel like it. I see the bounty as a donation as well, btw.

Iorgy77: I'm not picky. But I think donations in U.S. dollar are worth more after exchange rates usually. Not sure how all that works with the service.

hm.... talking about donations...

I thought Papayl outlawed donations for emulation projects now...

do they? And if so, could they just keep the money donated to Exophase for the emu? would suck if they could.

I'd recommend he take donations for 'development of a new GUI for the GP2X and work on a dynamic recompiler for ARM chipsets' to avoid PP shit.

gaterooze posted on Dec 3 2006 at 10:10 AM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 3 2006 at 06:56 AM said:
I donated to vobbo before because I thought he was going to do a full PC-engine emu. Then after I donated he abandoned the emu leaving it with crap sound and I never use it. It was a waste to me. Since then I donate when a project gets to the point that if nothing was ever done further it would still be useable.

I know it's your opinion and that's fine, but vobbo's hu6280 is very, very usable. It's bloody brilliant, in fact, and I'm glad I donated to him. I donate (small amounts) to many devs, more for encouragement and a general "thanks", not as some sort of payment for usage (because I hardly get any time to play anyway).

I'm not criticising your own modus operandi, DaveC, just showing a different side.

It is a bit off topic. But MANY sound effects are completely missing in that emu. The others that are there are all messed up like white noise is a loud buzz. Then the fact is it is not even stereo. The poor sound completely ruins it for me so I never use it. Vobbo said he fixed it on the PC but then never bothered fixing on the GP2X. Very dissapointing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC posted on Dec 3 2006 at 06:56 AM said:
zodttd posted on Dec 3 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
The GP2X crowd passed the PSP crowd's donations in about 2 hours of the release. I think it was $25 from them so far.

I will likely donate when it gets playable. Yes I am one of those assholes that only donate for an emu when it gets to the point where I would use it. I know you don't really agree with that, and I know you put alot of time into it but that is just how I do it, sorry.

I donated to vobbo before because I thought he was going to do a full PC-engine emu. Then after I donated he abandoned the emu leaving it with crap sound and I never use it. It was a waste to me. Since then I donate when a project gets to the point that if nothing was ever done further it would still be useable.

GPSP will hopefully get there and I will give something to both of you. Thanks for the work put in so far.
Get the newest release you twat. It's not crap, its not finished either. But it is acceptable. Vobbo answers emails, but he is just too busy.

if I had a job I'd probably donate more, but I'll probably eventually donate to this project if my parents don't think it's a stupid idea and lets me do it, it probably won't be more than 10 USD, but at least it's something

sam fisher posted on Dec 3 2006 at 07:14 PM said:
Get the newest release you twat. It's not crap, its not finished either. But it is acceptable. Vobbo answers emails, but he is just too busy.

I do have the newest release "you twat". The sound is not stereo and has alot of sounds missing and the ones there buzzes and pops. I can't help it if you are so dumb that you don't notice. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

DaveC posted on Dec 4 2006 at 01:43 PM said:

I do have the newest release "you twat". The sound is not stereo and has alot of sounds missing and the ones there buzzes and pops. I can't help it if you are so dumb that you don't notice. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
lolz

I haven't played hu in ages. Nothing really interests me.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Dec 4 2006 at 07:54 PM said:
I haven't played hu in ages. Nothing really interests me.

Not even Y's?

DaveC posted on Dec 4 2006 at 06:43 PM said:

No, having paranoid delusions, such as those you have, are bliss.

sam fisher posted on Dec 5 2006 at 06:13 AM said:
DaveC posted on Dec 4 2006 at 06:43 PM said:

Having ... are? :lol:

vobbo has been answering emails? whats been going on with him? any chance he will go back to finishing up his pc engine emu? for non cd games the quality is great only thing i wish was there is save states.

for cd games only the data track works so you miss out on all the nice music and such so for that you need gp2xengine which to me has a lot of visual problems. castlevania does play pretty nicely on it though.

sam fisher posted on Dec 5 2006 at 11:13 AM said:

You have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about.

If you don't notice all of the screwed up sounds, the MISSING sounds and the lack of stereo, you are the "delusional" one :rolleyes:

Some specifics:

Lack of stereo, popping/crackling - all games.
Buzzing sounds - any "white noise" sound Ex: begining sequence og Devil's Crush
Missing sounds - Galaga 90, when you shoot the enemies there should be a "POP" sound, Laughing skull in Devil's Crush.

Almost all games show at least one of these issues, so stop talking stupid.

inksmithy posted on Dec 5 2006 at 02:28 PM said:
You know you people have an absolute talent for going completely off topic and for screwing up a thread.

If you want to bitch at each other can you please get a room?
I'm writing a book, mate. Relax, you'll understand soon :p

DaveC posted on Dec 3 2006 at 07:56 AM said:
zodttd posted on Dec 3 2006 at 01:11 AM said:
The GP2X crowd passed the PSP crowd's donations in about 2 hours of the release. I think it was $25 from them so far.

I will likely donate when it gets playable. Yes I am one of those assholes that only donate for an emu when it gets to the point where I would use it. I know you don't really agree with that, and I know you put alot of time into it but that is just how I do it, sorry.

I'd say that's a quite OK line of reasoning. That's a lot different from saying, on the forums, "Well, I will donate to you when this-and-this is fixed". That's a bit like dangling a sausage in front of the devs and expecting them to jump :)

Back