• Netscape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AOL (yeah rite)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

splinterz posted on Sep 27 2005 at 12:34 PM said:
I have started to get error messages saying firefox needs to close do you know what this is?
Possible bad extension, try disabling all your extensions and see if you get the same error..

Last edited by a moderator:
yaustar posted on Sep 27 2005 at 04:31 PM said:
I have started to get error messages saying firefox needs to close do you know what this is?
Possible bad extension, try disabling all your extensions and see if you get the same error..

Its ok now - Thank you

splinterz posted on Sep 28 2005 at 11:08 AM said:
yaustar posted on Sep 27 2005 at 04:31 PM said:

Its ok now - Thank you
The bad thing about firefox is when you update and suddenly halve of your extensions stop working.

Something weird keeps happening on firefox - The screen keeps bouncing up & down - WTF?

i use firefox EVERYWHERE!!!

thnx to portable firefox!! ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

oh, and i did try opera once, but stopped usin it.

can u open a page in a new tab by clicking the scroll wheel in opera, like in firefox??

edit: fuckin shitty keyboard!! :angry:

WHY oh why oh why is my firefox still bobbing up & down on screen? please help as I have a headache now from all the bobbing!

Does it do it all the time or just when you scroll. If the latter try disabling smooth scroll.

yaustar posted on Sep 28 2005 at 06:17 PM said:
Does it do it all the time or just when you scroll. If the latter try disabling smooth scroll.
Yeah, it could be that check the options menu. Either that or there is one buggy extension.

I know that's an old thread, but I just wanted to complain somewhere about the NEW update for Opera 12 !!! 12.18 !!
Yes, Opera Software remembered this old peace of software (that you can't download anymore from their site), just to add a request to get your "telemetry" data and asking you to update to the "newer Opera"...
They didn't even added a changelog to their site...

One thing is clear, if they lowered themselves so much to update Opera 12, it means that they know there are a lot of people still using it ;)

I use Opera beta 36.0 at moment
Started using this a couple years ago now probably, as I liked the Speed Dial and Bookmarks page on opening new tabs .. I guess a lot of browsers probably do that, but I just havn't bothered switching as for the most part it serves me well.

can u open a page in a new tab by clicking the scroll wheel in opera, like in firefox??

This browser does that too, but I know ^ that was posted 11 years ago now, so perhaps FF led the way and others caught up :)
However, I didn't actually notice until today when read that and tried it haha, I always right-click open new tab, yet I do use the click-wheel to close tabs.

Another feature I like on this Opera which I think is fairly recent, maybe under a year, is that you can easily identify which of your open tabs sound is coming from, be it a YT vid or even an embedded advert, as it shows a little graphic equaliser in the tab in place of the favicon.
You can also just click on that equaliser to mute it, without having to go into the tab ... again this might be commonplace in browsers for all I know

I know that's an old thread, but I just wanted to complain somewhere about the NEW update for Opera 12 !!! 12.18 !!
Yes, Opera Software remembered this old peace of software (that you can't download anymore from their site), just to add a request to get your "telemetry" data and asking you to update to the "newer Opera"...

One thing is clear, if they lowered themselves so much to update Opera 12, it means that they know there are a lot of people still using it ;)

Once Opera dropped support for Presto, I migrated away to Conkeror at first and Vivaldi later on.

These days I primarily use a combination of Vivaldi (Blink), Conkeror (Gecko) and Eww (text-based, within Emacs).

So far, Jon von Tetzchner and his team are doing a great job of turning Vivaldi into an equivalent of what used to be Opera. You can also investigate the Otter Browser which is an open-source attempt to remake Opera 12.

http://www.opera.com/blogs/security/2016/02/opera-12-and-opera-mail-security-update/
http://www.opera.com/download/guide/?custom=yes
You can still choose many old releases there, so I don't know how that counts as not being able to download it anymore.
I don't know about the updating thing. I have update notifications on the whole time and never got prompted to update to 15+(didn't get a notification for 12.18, either). But I've read people getting that, hm.

I still use it for my everyday browsing, minus the things that really need to be secure, just to be sure. This update actually solved quite some issues with sites not loading at all anymore, so I'm glad about it.

Last edited:
http://www.opera.com/blogs/security/2016/02/opera-12-and-opera-mail-security-update/
http://www.opera.com/download/guide/?custom=yes
You can still choose many old releases there, so I don't know how that counts as not being able to download it anymore.
I don't know about the updating thing. I have update notifications on the whole time and newer got prompted to update to 15+(didn't get a notification for 12.18, either). But I've read people getting that, hm.

I still use it for my everyday browsing, minus the things that really need to be secure, just to be sure. This update actually solved quite some issues with sites not loading at all anymore, so I'm glad about it.

Oh, so those links works now ? The last time I tried, every link of every version were getting me the last version of Opera30+ ... my hate raised there

Back