Website Getting A Bit "Busy"

Kumaki

Would it not be a good idea to start separating out "MAME" versus "non-MAME" on the website, so that you don't have a ton of banners for games you don't have?

Or, better yet, have the website know, by your profile, which games you actually have installed...and have a default setting to show only those banners...and a toggle button to show "All Available Games"

And hierarchical or tag based (simple filter to present a two level hierarchy so all opentyrion etc can group together..). . I'd like to be able to see a group click cor ar add, or shmup, or indie, or puzzletube ... Etc.

Ask milkshake if he has time .. Its 99% his side .. Server side change is minimal :0

Jeffphone

Well, I just posted it up here for community discussion.

As we add more and more games, it might be nice to be able to filter down to only the games one is interested in seeing...rather than all of them.

Would be nice I suppose if you could have a button on the website that filtered based on what you actually have - the pandora could upload your game library's contents to the server as part of your profile.

Have to be optional though - it's sometimes nice to trawl through a long list and pick out games you might otherwise not have tried.

D.

Does c4a even have a way to only show you the games to launch that you already have (I thought I was up-to-date but still) ?

Thread so far sounds good to me. With big graphics things look sparklier when you've got a few things, but it doesn't handle big lists of things, so anything that would help with that gets my vote.

Levi, The Tounament Hub allows you to only view Favorited Games, or Installed Games, or All Available games.

This thread is referring to the website where top scores are displayed.  We're starting to get a fir number of titles, and I was liking the idea of breaking them down and having tabs, so you could look at all of one genre at a time, maybe, or something...rather than having all available titles on the same screen, and having to scroll down a bunch to see them all.

I even suggested the idea of being able to customize, by your own profile, which games you would see on your screen as a Default setting, with toggle buttons for All Available, and etc.

Just so that way, if you just want a quick look at a few games you are specifically watching, you can see them without having to scroll thru all the games that maybe do not hold interest for you at that particular time, you know?

So, maybe I'm interested in about five games at the moment...and, instead of having to scroll thru about forty...to see the five I want...how about just being able, by my profile, to see the five I want?  Or even split up uder Genre tabs?

I'm not too sure how much programming is involved in making the website customizeable by Profile, or whatever...I only posted this thread to start a discussion about this, because, as more and more games come to C4A, we may really want to have a way to narrow down the list and only see what we want to see...still also having a way available to see "All Available Games" of course.

So...just so you understand...this thread is referring to milkshake's website, not the Tournament Hub...which already pretty much allws you to narrow down what you see.

Just started this thread as a way to begin a community discussion about this issue, while there's still only about forty titles, rather than when there's three hundred!

In fact, I just counted...fifty nine different banners on the website, representing forty-four different games (some, like Open Tyrian, having more than one banner, for different episodes/play modes)

Can one imagnie what it looks like if we end up with about three hundred games, with about five hundred banners...all on the same page, and having to scroll thru all of that?

That's why I am startiong the discussion now, so that everyone could have some input on what they might like to see in this.

Ultimately, of course, it is all up to Milkshake, but I'm sure he'd appreciate as many different viewpoints/opinions as he can get form the community.

Back