What Are The Best Snes Rpgs?

Incidentally can anyone name any Square or Enix game that actually stunk up the SNES? I'm really failing here, pretty much all the ones I've played have been quality.

How do you do to play seiken 3 .. I can't, even without sound I can't manage to have it running at 100% speed, even with frameskip 4 at 166mhz...
?

The early part is quite "playable" but depends on how you term it. Playable as in 60fps = no chance, but with f/s 2 or 3 isnt too bad. I think theres transparency issues with the God Beasts, as this is where I stopped and transferred my save to the computer.

Oh no i didn't meant 60fps, i know this isn't possible, but even with frameskip 3 i find it very slow... compared to games like romancing saga 3 (exellent with sound in version 0.2)

The best SNES RPG ever made, though not released in America, is Der Langrisser, there is an English translation out there if you look and it's a game worth defiantly playing.

i complete all snes rpg without exception, i think... ever the unreleased one with translation patch.
im a big snes Rpg fan.
this is my list the best to the worst.

1.Secret of mana ( dont compare it to zelda, its not the same thing , its a rpg after all)
2. Chrono Trigger.
3. Final fantasy 4
4. Final Fanatsy 6
5. Secret of mana 2 ( Seiken detsenstu 3)
6. Star Ocean.
6.5 Dragon Quest 5 ( Dragon warrior 5 if it was release in US)
7. Secret of evermore ( good one but forget it , if you dont like secret of mana)
8. Final Fantasy 5 ( not bad)
8.5 Dragon Quest 6
9. Lufia 2 ( its good)
10. Secret of the stars ( its good too, but graphics are not great, see for yourself)

others not really good: Arcana ( if you want to kill yourself or die young. lol its a dungeon rpg) lagoon, brainlord ( not bad but zelda like)...

note: lagoon is one my favorite all time , but i cant understand why, and my friends cant understand too LOL)

Back