What Are The First Few Things You're Gonna Do With/download On You

senatus said:
Whoa, guys, take it easy - I wasn't trying to troll, but that seems to have been the consequence. Apologies for having pulled the thread in that direction, and please let's just close this tiny segment of the overall discussion.

I will answer Stan's question, though - financial investment aside, I found (and still find) the concept of a fan-made (no perjorative intent there) multipurpose handheld quite interesting to follow, from a development perspective. It's all cool, OK?
Woah, I don't know what Aesir's problem was this time, but I was genuinely interested. You aren't the first person to come on and say they've canceled their order and blah blah blah, but you were the first to be eloquent about it and still stick around for the ensuing conversation that I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ask: once you no longer have interest in the project, why should you or anyone else care about what happens next? Just remove yourself quietly from the community, is what I say. But the problem is that you apparently do still care, even if you're not personally invested in obtaining one yourself, so your answer doesn't help solve the mystery any but thank you all the same :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I already post but I'd like to add to my list that I want to get Transmission up and running asap. Leaving my Pandora on rather than my desktop is much better for the environment.

zazen666 said:
Can I have my thread back now? :)

Sure.

I'm surprised, though, that no-one has come up with the final option.

Will it blend?

It makes me cringe just posting it...

second exodous said:
I already post but I'd like to add to my list that I want to get Transmission up and running asap. Leaving my Pandora on rather than my desktop is much better for the environment.

sorry for my ignorance, but what is Transmission?

aesir911 said:
second exodous said:

Oops, sorry, bittorrent. It's in the Ångström repositories so it will work. As a bonus it's what I use on my desktop right now.

second exodous said:
aesir911 said:
second exodous said:

Oops, sorry, bittorrent. It's in the Ångström repositories so it will work. As a bonus it's what I use on my desktop right now.

Transmission is bittorrent? Nice! That'll be one of the first things I will do too (if you get it up and ready second exodus)!

aesir911 said:
second exodous said:
aesir911 said:
second exodous said:

Transmission is bittorrent? Nice! That'll be one of the first things I will do too (if you get it up and ready second exodus)!
I've never used Ångström, but from searching on Google it's probably something like this:

Code:
ipkg install transmission

Just type that in a terminal window and you're good to go!

EDIT: If that is not how I'm pretty sure it will be easy to do, Ångström is a modern Linux distro.

Grench said:
zazen666 said:

Sure.

Will it blend?

Or will it microwave?

zazen666 said:

Got kinda boring after 6 pages of, "I am totally playing this game on that emulator." Thought the thread needed a little variety... :D

second exodous said:
I have a network storage drive that supports bittorrent which is way better because it's always on anyway

I'll probably get our SNES Emu and play Secret of Evermore, put on my favorite pictures from Zambia, the New World Translation (the Bible), some Nightwish, Evanescence, and Open Office (if it's available for the Pandora). I'll probably also get the DC emu once I can, and a couple other things.... I'd love to show off my Pandora to people who might be interested (could be the perfect ad campaign).

X x Ben x X said:
second exodous said:
I have a network storage drive that supports bittorrent which is way better because it's always on anyway
Can you post a link because I'm looking for an alternative to my desktop. I'm planning on getting a BB, Gumstix, or other ARM computer with HDMI out to do 99% of what I do on my desktop right now but I'm interested in a drive that will do torrent.

Jourdy288 said:
the New World Translation (the Bible)
Do you know of any software that will run on the Pandora or are you just going to read it? I'd like to have some software to put notes into scriptures while I read but have never found any good software to do so. I still use scriptures made from dead trees because I can just pencil things in.

Grench said:
zazen666 said:

Sure.

Will it blend?

Oh, they've tested that.
Linky.

It's hard to imagine what I'll do when the happy day finaly comes when I get my Pandora, but it's fun to try.

I imagine that first I'll probably want to get a charging adapter so I can charge it straight from my flying car. Then some nice earphones so I can listen to music when I take the monorail to the hover office. (I don't think Pandora is compatible with audio-waldos.) At some point I'd probably get a USB to nanoconnection-surface adapter so I can transfer files to and from my positronic workstation at work, but that's really just for fun. I probably won't have many files that will fit on an SD card.

I guess I'm getting off topic. I imagine that my first download will probably be some sort of kernel patch for the 2038 problem.

second exodous said:
Jourdy288 said:
the New World Translation (the Bible)
Do you know of any software that will run on the Pandora or are you just going to read it? I'd like to have some software to put notes into scriptures while I read but have never found any good software to do so. I still use scriptures made from dead trees because I can just pencil things in.
Sorry, I don't, but to do that perhaps you could use some sort of Wiki software... ideas are coming to me...

Me? I'm gonna start working up the money to get a memory stick with sufficient space :( but seriously I'll prolly put quake 3 on there first.

The first thing i will do is throw it from the 10th floor.. If it stops working i'll buy another one and keep doing this until one resists the fall.

:ph34r:

Back