What are you playing this weekend/these days?

I'm playing a game about everyone's favourite peace keepers: UN Squadron. Of course, it's all about bombing. It works ok on the zaurus, except the speaker distorts when I fire the vulcan, which I actually like.

PXL_20220305_173711297.jpg

ELDEN RING

amazing game ahead
don't give up, skeleton!
More like "try finger but hole" everywhere -.-
I'm 90 hours in and have only killed the first of the big boy bosses so far.

Very choppy in windows due to the streaming of the world I assume. None of that using Proton in Ubuntu. FPS are a bit lower, but it's smooth.

There's also a follow up game called Hidden Through Time. Do note though that the devs of the original game weren't involved in it's creation.
I actually got both, but Hidden Through Time wasn't in the itch.io bundle.
Also got all it's dlc.

I actually never thought these kind of games existed, so when I checked them out I instantly got them. There aren't much games that are so casual, no timer and no punishment for clicking in the wrong spot.
And for some reason I like the hand-drawn style. A nice addition next to all the more stress inducing games.

still playing a bunch of hollow knight. got to absolute radiance and discovered how to moonwalk

You can configure the homebrew launcher to start automatically at first boot, but I'm not sure if that supresses the wii noise or not.

And tell me you were going to try to get PoP:SoT working, not any of the lesser sequels.

I'm playing flare.
I was positively surprised by the fact that you have a common stash. That is, if you put weapons or items you don't need in there, then another character you created and play that other character can pick them up from there. So a mage that finds a useless sword can be very helpful to a knight. Currently playing as a mage and I was very underpowered but after leveling up, it's getting easier to play. Also there's a traveling merchant, and each time you enter the map he has different goods, so you need to visit him often for goods.

that looks insanely hard.

some people make it look super easy. e.g., this guy gets hit on purpose because he has a charm equipped that has him do extra damage at 1 health:

what i like about the game is that it's somewhat open world after the first three-ish power ups, so it feels less restrictive than a standard metroidvania. it also teaches you how to be good at the game, but you can stop whenever you want. radiant is the secret final boss, but you can defeat a different "final boss" that's easier. (still hard when you're starting out.) it has dark-soul's difficulty with bosses (they punish the wrong moves, but you can learn their patterns). at the same time, for the people who get drawn in, it appears they go for it. 3% of players (on steam) have beaten absolute radiance after many other battles -- 47 other bosses -- in a boss rush mode. that's more than i expected, but maybe the players are somewhat self selecting.

now that i've beaten radiant, maybe it's time for me to try and beat cave story's good ending...

Autobahn Police Simulator 2 (Nintendo Switch Edition),
I dont know why the Name of this Game dosnt have "Polizei" in it, as its located in a German Speaking Country..
There is also a English Version, but the Names of the Charakters are also German..
You are a Trainee on the Police Service of the German Autobahn (where only the Speed of light is your Limit), drive around in a Police BMW, and make some Police Stuff, like talking to peaple, secure car accidences.. investigate, etc..

The Driving Physics arend the best, the Talking Sequences are ok, its fun, but have its Bugs..

The Autobahn is quite well known in this country, probably since the Kraftwerk song or maybe earlier. I think the title is in english despite using the borrowed German word for motorway.

Back