What dit you use your Pandora/Pyra today/the last few days

Ah, the lesser spotted julia set!

Edit: Apparently the German for 'fractal' is 'fraktal'. It would be called a Mandelbrot set if it were a Mandelbrot but in this case it's not.
beat me to it... many is the hour and day wasted wwaiting for the next zoom level . i remember in the late 80's setting it off going to bed and seeing if it finished by morning... then zooming on somewhere interesting and going to work . marveling at what the image was after i got home.. those were the days ...

fractals ... excited me about lsd.

and fractal compression.

every image past/future/present already exists in the Mandelbrot set. it is all knowing.

• Love
Reactions: rSl
I plan to use my Pyra more than my Phone, and it startet this morning,
whyle my phone sits on its charging station so i had to grab my Pyra i watched a Unimog Video and dit some of my usual morningly Internet things like checking google news emails boards etc..

worked good and the video ditnt even stuck, and the commercials on youtube where whitout audio..

on the acutall video, the speaker got the Pyra vibrating, seems like they have quite some power
but no sound issue..

i also made a test whit tetris dx and the original tetris via ducktabe mgba and then i got the sound issue over the speakers..

fractals ... excited me about lsd.

and fractal compression.

every image past/future/present already exists in the Mandelbrot set. it is all knowing.
In self-similarity you can see the big things, like the universe, as similar as brain neurons. But so can you go into the small.
Buddha went into the small (inner self) to acquire wisdom. But you can also go into the big to find it.
So you can get the same out of traveling a lot and from meditating a lot. Different method, similar results.

In the real world, self-similarity only takes you so far. I mean sure, the fibbonaci numbers and the parabolic curves are all over nature, and you get actual god damn fractals in Romanesco Broccoli (at least a couple of levels deep), they only get you so far. Once you get into space, different factors mostly come into play. You could argue that the moon orbits the earth as the earth orbits the sun as the sun orbits the galactic black hole, but I doubt the orbit around the galactic core is quite a smooth as the orbit of the moon around the earth given all of the star systems out there. I mean to get a message and reply to proxima centuri using the fastest signals we know of would take over 8 years in the round, so most of the galaxy is outside of our lifespan if we even have anyone to talk to out there. Neurons, which are electrically active biological agents, connected to other neurons via dendrites aren't really all that similar to the moon, let alone the solar system.

In the real world, self-similarity only takes you so far. I mean sure, the fibbonaci numbers and the parabolic curves are all over nature, and you get actual god damn fractals in Romanesco Broccoli (at least a couple of levels deep), they only get you so far. Once you get into space, different factors mostly come into play. You could argue that the moon orbits the earth as the earth orbits the sun as the sun orbits the galactic black hole, but I doubt the orbit around the galactic core is quite a smooth as the orbit of the moon around the earth given all of the star systems out there. I mean to get a message and reply to proxima centuri using the fastest signals we know of would take over 8 years in the round, so most of the galaxy is outside of our lifespan if we even have anyone to talk to out there. Neurons, which are electrically active biological agents, connected to other neurons via dendrites aren't really all that similar to the moon, let alone the solar system.
Didn’t they prove that information travels faster than the speed of light, through quantum entanglement?

Today I grabbed my Pandora and booted it up.
A long time has passed since the last time.
It's not in the best shape any more.

I did only boot up some N64 and SNES games.
I had the urgent need to play some Mario 64.
It was such a great feeling.
That device was for a long time the best thing I owned.
And it's still the most reliable computer I have ever earned since now.

After using the Pyra prototype for typing lots of text for my bachelor thesis, I would not want to go back to the Pandora for such a task any more.
However, my prototype is too broken to do any real gaming (even speakers are missing) and it's discharging randomly sometimes.
The Pyra is great, but will it ever be so epic as the Pandora once was? I hope so. We'll see.

That's all I wanted to share with the few people reading that post.
I'll never forget the moment when I first got my Pandora and launched Super Mario 64 (my first video game) in my parent's garden.
That was such a magic moment for me.
Pandora is life, Pandora is love :)

I wanted the Pyra to be the better Pandora, I truly hope it will be.
Well, the Pyra is better then the Pandora. But the market is flooded with cheap and fast handhelds and mobile phones. While those aren't the same thing as a Pyra there is much more competition.
The Pandora has support for years, a thing that is getting still more unique these years. If you want to play your games for more then a few years, then the Pandora and Pyra are great options.
For me it feels similar to playing on a NES, it still works and you can fix most issues yourself. While the PS4 feels like it will be a brick if Sony stops online support, and fixing hardware will be more complex.

I paired my precious Pyra with a hardware random number generator to create one time pads.

I enjoy fiddling about with encryption and have coded my first mini project exclusively on the Pyra.

It's coded in C with use of gcc, geany and standard make.
It comprises of a command line utility "er" and a dynamic library "libenoch" that provide management and assessment functions for one time pads.

"er" has two names ("Enoch Root" and "encrypt right") in an equivocal nod to its plausible deniability capabilities.

I have put my first Pyra generated project on github here

Loving my Pyra!

Oh which Neil Stephenson are you reading? ;)
Ah!
Have read "Cryptonomicon", "Quicksilver" and "The Confusion" . Am now in 1714 in "The System of the World" and then I believe my hero Enoch appears in a couple of later ones too!

The random number assessment piece of er and libenoch is called "Pyx mode" after the "Trial of the Pyx". Still performed today by the Royal Mint.

I am assessing random number quality as opposed to the quality of gold and/or currency of the realm. But this quality is fundamental to one time pads of course.

Are you a fan too?

Well, Cryptonomicon is about the best thing I've ever read. I love this novel.

The thing is, you need a lot of random numbers. The tricky part is producing good ones fast enough.

Well, Cryptonomicon is about the best thing I've ever read. I love this novel.

The thing is, you need a lot of random numbers. The tricky part is producing good ones fast enough.
Yes, agreed. It's one of my favourites.

I love all of the history in his novels that mix favourite characters and families with real events and people. I know some of the locations well.

As to random numbers, the TrueRNG3 is working really well. The avalanche effect in a device that works. I have got a v3, but as the pro is faster, I quite fancy that.

I have incorporated some basic checks of randomness in er's "Pyx Assessment", which really is just a check as to whether produced random numbers are susceptible to interrogation or not.

Because i ditnt used my Pyra much the last few months, i decided to start a Pyra Using Offensive, (searched for the correct english therm, google thinks i write it in english and says its means (beleidigend), but i wantet to use the military meaning), so this morning i checked the news, mails, Forums etc whit the Pyra instead of my Phone, which worked quite good in bed, and on Breakfast table i also read the Newspaper on the Pyra:
its gets quite warm whit this E-Paper PDF whit 16 mb, and you have to put the Reader in 70 % Zoom to be able to read but its quite confortable:
i can scroll whit the dpad and use the left nub as Mouse whit my right hand, so no need for an external Mouse, and when you eat whit the left hand, the Pyra should stay clean ^^ Its now at 70 % Battery after i recharged it this night...

I try to let the Keyboard Light off when i dont need it, but i aktivate it a bit befor i shut down the pyra so when i wake up, i can see what password i type ^^

Back