what game like diablo

You have a strange idea of turn based combat... anyway, WoW it's not likely to be playable on the Pandora, there's no linux port and the windows client is for another type of processor, plus it require a more powerful hardware...

I don't even think it's a game for casual players anyway...

Though I'm a casual gamer, I'm always on a hunt for a good third person action adventure game for whenever I have the time. Well anyway, so it seems like I am just stuck on this Psx Diablo version where it says press start to continue. I have tried every button on the unit and it just won't recognized the controls to start the game. Bummer

Edit: maybe the game is just not playable past the cinematic scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe the game is just not playable past the cinematic scene.
Just wanted to make sure so i installed the psx emulator on my laptop and the game started and run ok. I find the graphics look a lot better though on the pc version than the psx one.

Dink Smallwood has a native port. Two of them, in fact. The one on the repo from Cobalt is the better one.

Dink Smallwood has a native port. Two of them, in fact. The one on the repo from Cobalt is the better one.

Just realised that when I found it in my menu! Haha. But, yeah; it's worth a play through!

There's so much stuff installed on my Pandora that I don't even know what 90% of it is.

I think a GoGMix of games that run in Qemu might be a good idea.

With Qemu you can just play Diablo... not Diablo 2 though. I wonder if Dink Smallwood will work.
Qemi is not out yet so I cant try it.
I was just doing a search on the repo for that and I dont see it. I see however Flare that looks promising. I'm gonna give it a go.

Though I'm a casual gamer, I'm always on a hunt for a good third person action adventure game for whenever I have the time. Well anyway, so it seems like I am just stuck on this Psx Diablo version where it says press start to continue. I have tried every button on the unit and it just won't recognized the controls to start the game. Bummer

It's definately playable. Be sure to use a bios instead of HLE. If this doesn't help get the pal version, this works for me with bios.

I was just starting to have fun with flare. I see it and downloaded. These games with definitely keep me busy. Thanks

It's definately playable. Be sure to use a bios instead of HLE. If this doesn't help get the pal version, this works for me with bios.
Will try and see if anything changes.

@frz

well... I m not sure if you still need this information about Diablo 1 on PCSXrearmed:

I ve had the same problem like you with "diablo 1" on "pcsx rearmed" as you described.

Booting the Diablo ISO file with a usual PSX BIOS instead of the HLE solved the problem for me.

(Also had to make sure that the controls are setted up right too.)

Just head for "Options" => "[bios/Plugins]" => "Bios"

(There you can switch through the Bios Versions you have installed in your ".../pandora/appdata/pcsxrearmed/bios/" folder.)

This also solved some heavy slow down problems in "Need for Speed III - Hot Pursuit" for me.

And if I remember right ... with this method I m able to boot "MetalGearSolid"-Isos as well.

Hope I was able to help... if not maybe some other "lost soul" will hopefully find this post =D before ignoring these great games on PCSXrearmed ^^

Back