What game or feature are you excited to try out on the Pyra?

Majin Wamu

Powered by Pixels
When you get your Pyra what is a game you can't wait to try out? I am excited to play some of my favorites that require the use of the R2 and L2 shoulder buttons. The three games I am going to try out on it right away is Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

Now keep in mind, this is kind of a "what if" question because there is no guarantee that the emulators will be available as soon as the Pyra is released, but if we can just transfer everything over from the Pandora to the Pyra, those are the games I will be jamming out right out of the box with the Pyra.

Due to the topic expanding quite a bit, feel free to elaborate on the feature you are also excited to try out on the new Pyra, or anything that excites you about the Pyra. For a lot of people it is the extra amount of power the Pyra will be holding.

Note: Page 3 goes way off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing in terms of games.

I'm more excited about a 720p display for desktop and development purposes. And debian repositories with the ability to install whichever DE/WM I prefer.

Office/Web browser applications and IDEs such as Code::Blocks will be much more useful with that extra space. Though I'm a terminal junkie so I'll probably install awesome if available and get a bunch of terminals up at once to quickly tab between vim, svn, compiler, etc on one workspace. twitter/email on another and ncmpcpp on yet another etc..)

Nothing in terms of games.

I'm more excited about a 720p display for desktop and development purposes. And debian repositories with the ability to install whichever DE/WM I prefer.

Office/Web browser applications and IDEs such as Code::Blocks will be much more useful with that extra space. Though I'm a terminal junkie so I'll probably install awesome if available and get a bunch of terminals up at once to quickly tab between vim, svn, compiler, etc on one workspace. twitter/email on another and ncmpcpp on yet another etc..)
That new keyboard might be pretty awesome and handy to use as well. I am excited for that as well.

Yeah i am more excited by the desktop functions than games as well.

I still expect full speed dreamcast emulation and that will bring many cool games for the pyra.

I'm hoping that with these new screens, Oolite spacedust won't suddenly appear when the game freezes, or you stop. At the moment, it's nigh-on invisible as it wooshes past your windscreen on my Ghz's screen unless you decelerate to a halt or the game freezes momentarily (as it tends to do if you've a lot of OXPs installed).

Spring engine and 0. a.d.

As well as a lot PSP games.

Lots of good Android games, especially Dungeon Defenders.

Game-wise, hopefully we'll still have a working FinalBurnAlpha, so Hyper SF 2: 15th Anniversary Edition, and Street Fighter III really.

Also looking forward to the increased res, power, and storage so I can get all my game dev tools running sweetly

Street Fighter III really
 Street Fighter III works fine on 1Ghz, though. It's not 60 fps but it's fully playable.
SFIII works on my Rebirth, what's your point?
 So why do you need a Pyra to play it ? I don't understand your original comment about that game.
Well, for a start, it'll be interesting to see how the 6 button layout works out. Just hope they feel better than the four with O/P on the Pandora.
One thing I'm not too sure on, but proof will be in the pudding, is the smaller keyboard keys.

Hey everyone! I had a great day spending it away with my grandparents, and to my surprise when I returned there has been 10 responses! Thank you so much for all your responses it gets me super hyped.

Do you guys think i should change the title to "What are you most excited about for the upcoming Pyra? (Games or Features)"

One thing I'm not too sure on, but proof will be in the pudding, is the smaller keyboard keys.
I wouldn't worry about that because if you think about it, cell phones had some pretty small keys and i think most people were able to use them just fine. When I had an enV phone i was pretty dang fast with those tiny keys and I have bigger than normal thumbs (they are long and fat).

Well, for a start, it'll be interesting to see how the 6 button layout works out.
Ok, i get it.

I like SF very much too, but honestly I don't think I will be using the smaller front facing buttons for that. I'm not sure they will be practical for fighting games, while they will have other uses.  

I'm hoping that with these new screens, Oolite spacedust won't suddenly appear when the game freezes, or you stop. At the moment, it's nigh-on invisible as it wooshes past your windscreen on my Ghz's screen unless you decelerate to a halt or the game freezes momentarily (as it tends to do if you've a lot of OXPs installed).
Try setting the Pandora's Gamma setting to "Very Bright" before starting Oolite. The space dust wooshing past the screen is quite visible when I'm playing. :)

On Topic: I'd also have to say Oolite.. The additional gaming buttons will come in really handy there.

I also like to play Loopy from the SGT puzzle set. That involves a lot of small precise mouse moves, which can be fiddly on the Pandora's nubs due to the constant recalibration so I'm really looking forward to the new nubs for that.

- Neelix

I also like to play Loopy from the SGT puzzle set. That involves a lot of small precise mouse moves, which can be fiddly on the Pandora's nubs due to the constant recalibration so I'm really looking forward to the new nubs for that.
Yeah I am looking forward to that as well. The nubs are kind of crap on my model, I got unlucky in that department but it is alright I make due with the ones I have for now.

Back