What have you bought recently?

IMG_1897.JPG

my latest purchase. been after one for a while and i wanted the butterscotch finish but this came up on facebook marketplace at the right price.

- A USB Bluetooth 5 Stick , i ditnt got to run yet on the Phytian ( i will look maybe next weekend)..
- A blue Flipcase for my White Switch OLED, works quite good so far, only the Cover over the Screen dosnt hold that good (the Magnetic Part where its atached to the Case works good, but on the other side, its just a Hook..)
- A Victorinox Dual Knive Sharpener, its meant for the case when my Pocketknives lost its sharpness, or for the Kitchen Knives, but i ditnt used it yet, by the way: Its Made in Germany which is interesting, as Victorinox is a Swiss Brand
- Delonghi Koffee Machine Decalc Fluid, ditnt arrived yet, but i think its based on milk acid, not that speacial, but its needed once in a month.., one pack lasts maybe a half Year..
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k Max, as it should need a bit less Power than the Phytian just for Youtube, and i ditnt got Chromium whit Videfine to run, so maybe such a TV Stick Streaming Device might be a good idea, also for Netflix, Prime, Disney, Chrunshyroll etc.., ditnt arrived yet..

Bought a set of "foam and foil" capacitive pads from texelec.com that allowed me to fully restore the keyboard for a Compaq Plus portable. The original pads from 1983 were in poor condition, only about a quarter of the keys actually worked. The new pads restored every key to full function, allowing me to fully enjoy the convenience and power of an 8088 processor and 10 MB of hard drive storage.

nice! I love tele's.
what kind of music do you play?
bit of everything. no metal..lol lot of covers from the 70's:80's and 90's Eagles,Bowie,a few Aussie bands..butcher a few Pink Floyd songs, Radiohead, crowded House, Dire Straits.... Cranberries, The Police..... just random stuff. a few mates and i get together and have a drink or three and attempt to play songs...lol
Post automatically merged:

A Framework i5 ”DIY” laptop, which comes with a free screwdriver. The DIY is stretching it a little as I only needed to install RAM the SSD and the thunderbolt/USB module thingibobs.

View attachment 37891
View attachment 37892
nice, well it is expandable ,you can change the ports you need etc. Linus from LTT was so impressed with the company he invested in them...

Linus from LTT was so impressed with the company he invested in them
Lol, you probably have never heard of him, and/or are perhaps too young, but that just reminded me of the Remington guy.

It's great. I've got Arch up and running smoothly on it now, and the screen in particular is awesome (even with minor hinge wobble). Actually everything feels like a huge step from my trusty X220, although I do miss the nub.

Lol, you probably have never heard of him, and/or are perhaps too young, but that just reminded me of the Remington guy.

It's great. I've got Arch up and running smoothly on it now, and the screen in particular is awesome (even with minor hinge wobble). Actually everything feels like a huge step from my trusty X220, although I do miss the nub.
turning 61 this year.. so not young. we did get that in Australia... well Linus didn't buy the company.. ha ha ha

Back